LegacyGT.com

New Legacy...with misfiring baggage

I ended up putting valvoline 10w-30 high mileage in it. I haven't seen any real change in the knocking yet, but we'll see. I also did another compression test and got great numbers; 170 all around. The more I listen to it, the more i think that it must be something valve related because it does die down a bit when its really warm (c. 30 min).

The search continues...

well it quiets down a bit but never goes away for good. I wonder what I might have missed while I was checking the clearances, i'll be honest I'm not very experienced in that area. Maybe i'll see if I can have someone more knowledgeable than myself listen to it.

So I stopped by the dealer i bought the car from to pick up a couple dash bulbs and had one of the service guys take a quick listen to it. He said the best he could figure it was the ubiquitous boxer engine tick/knock, nothing crazy to worry about. i guess that should put this thread to rest for the time being. The car runs perfectly otherwise so hopefully it will be problem free from here on out.

Again, thanks a lot to everyone who offered their .02, I appreciate it.

Archived