LegacyGT.com

fuel pump comming on when cars turned off?

first off it won't start cuz i think its not getting gas the pump only works when the keys off as do the rad fans and the temp gauge is up past hot and its not ran in two days when it was running it just died turns over fine though please give me idea's and things to check i have checked the fuel pump relay the fuel pump itsself every fuse i drained all the anti freeze cuz someone said it could me vapour locked i am stuck help would be great thanks 97 legacy 2.5 wagon

First off, it won't start because I think it's not getting gas. The pump only works when the key is off, as do the radiator fans. The temperature gauge is up past hot, and it has not run in two days. When it was running it just died. Turns over fine though. Please give me ideas and things to check. I have checked the fuel pump relay, the fuel pump itself, and every fuse. I drained all the antifreeze because someone said it could be vapor locked. I am stuck, and any help would be great. Thanks!

97 legacy 2.5 wagon

THERE. Now people will actually be able to spend their time helping you out, rather than trying to decipher your post. I understand WE ARE ON TEH INTERWEBZ, but that's no excuse for making it impossible to understand your post - especially if you are expecting other people to take the time to help you.

The only thing that really annoyed me was the lack of periods to differentiate once sentence from the next, but I figured I'd just fix it all while I was at it.

• 2 weeks later...
You need a wiring diagram firstly . But to me it sounds like your ignition switch is possibly the problem, they can melt or burn up casue a ton of issues. Take a look at the wiring dia and see if the circuits are related and check for a possible short to power or ground depending on how the circuits work. If you cant do this by yourself then take it to a dealer and pay someone who can.

no ones gonna help me either way, so doesn't matter it is puncuated properly or not. I've seached this forum and another one for the last 4 days, and theres nothing like this happening anywhere.

Man, you can get here free advice, which can be worth of thousands of $$ sometimes, if you have right attitude and want to put some effort. But if you want it easy (however, more expensive) way then just go to the mechanics ;)

Archived