LegacyGT.com

Tire fitment for 04 STI BBS's

Claw

I'm looking at replacing the tires on the 04 STI BBS's.

Question is what's the best tire size I can get without rubbing?

From XenonK's thread:

215/45/17 (stock)

225/45/17 (good autocross performance tire size for gearing, more mph per gear)

235/40/17 (good autocross performance tire size for torque, more acceleration)

These are my 3 options - but also according to the 04 STI BBS thread, it goes on to say that 225 is the widest I can go. Has anyone been able to get the 235/40/17's on there without having to roll the fender or cause any rubbing with the 235's, as opposed to the 225's?

If I don't want to stay stock am I limited to 225/45/17's as the widest I can go?

Thanks..

I run 235/40/17 Kuhmo ASX's on my BBS's. They rub on hard cornering although thats with the Koni's set at 1.5 out of 2.5 or 2.25 turns. the 235's have too much play in them IMO. AutoXing on them makes the car feel a bit boaty, even at higher tire pressures.

Next tires I'm going with are 225/45/17 Dunlop Star Specs. They might run wide but the sidewalls are also very stiff.

I am looking at getting a set of BBS's also this upcoming weekend and I was wondering the same thing. I am using them for winter and the tires i was gonna go with was 225 however I have Cobb lowering springs and the wheels wells are already rolled. Should I go with 215's just to be safe for the winter?
I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

They say narrower is better for winter but I have 225s on my winter BBS setup - I'm lowered on pinks and have no rubbing.

are pinks a lower drop then the Cobb's. I have 18x8 wheels I believe with 245-40/18 tires

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

are pinks a lower drop then the Cobb's. I have 18x8 wheels I believe with 245-40/18 tires

IIRC - they should be similar drop. I just reread your previous post and sounds like you already have your fenders rolled so you should definitely not have any issues if you decide to go with 225s.

IIRC - they should be similar drop. I just reread your previous post and sounds like you already have your fenders rolled so you should definitely not have any issues if you decide to go with 225s.

for the BBS's (winter wheels) im gonna go with 215/45/17's and if the rubbing continues after the spacers are put on (April 27th) I will sell the tires and go with 225 width tires. I just hope the 225's dont look too narrow since I have the 245's on there now.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

Archived