LegacyGT.com

Different Mufflers?

Kw521

So I just bought an 06 LGT. This is my 4th subaru with the rest being imprezas. The car came with 3in SPT exhaust on it. It sounds pretty nice but IMO i would like a little bit more of an aggressive note. Ive been looking around and searching. I was told its mainly going to be the mufflers that change the sound. I have hear perrin and absolutely love the sound. So question is will the perrin mufflers be a direct bolt on replacement for the SPT ones?

Welcome to the forum. No, the Perrins would not be a direct bolt on replacement. They mount to the factory y location where as the SPT exhaust does not.

Have you considered going stage 2 by adding a down pipe to the system? Should bring out a more aggressive tone to the exhaust (and give you a good bit of power).

Thank you. And yes i have considered going stage 2 with a dp and also for throttle response an uppipe and a custom tune. well bummer i love the sound of perrin but for one i cant for the life of me find if they make a cat back system for the lgt

Welcome to the forum. No, the Perrins would not be a direct bolt on replacement. They mount to the factory y location where as the SPT exhaust does not.

Have you considered going stage 2 by adding a down pipe to the system? Should bring out a more aggressive tone to the exhaust (and give you a good bit of power).

with that being said that perrin mufflers wont fit...are there any others that will fit up to the spt exhaust? or theres always getting rid of the mufflers and straight piping it :icon_twis not too sure how that would sound though

with that being said that perrin mufflers wont fit...are there any others that will fit up to the spt exhaust? or theres always getting rid of the mufflers and straight piping it :icon_twis not too sure how that would sound though

No other companies axlebacks will bolt right up to the SPT Y-pipe. You could make it happen, just would require a bit more work.

Archived