LegacyGT.com

There are a number of places on ebay and on the internet that sell them for our cars, I just bought a K and N filter for the stock housing and am done with looking for a CAI.

According to most people on here and even the forester boards you don't gain anything besides noise with a cai in fact you can even lose some low and mid range power depending on who you believe. I wasn't going to wast over $100 to find out they were right so I got the filter for $38 shipped from ebay. Took about 4 days to get to me with free shipping not bad at all to me. Can't say I feel any difference but hey it was only $38 if I paid $159 for a CAI and didn't feel any difference I would be peeved.

Also you may want to check out the FAQ at the top for more on the 2.5i.

Like FLlegacy said, minimal gains, if any.

Get a better high flow panel filter (AVO, K&N, Perrin) and take off the silencer if you want to hear more noise.

Ya I'm definitely interested the sound gain. Where is the silencer? And does that better panel filter do anything at all?

Better panel filter is a high flow one, so it lets in more air through compared to the oem.

silencer/resonator is located right below the filter, guide here . Theres varying reports of 1-2mpg drop, but like someone said in that thread, people may be driving a bit more aggressively now that they can hear the noise.

Archived