LegacyGT.com

After much suspension research...

Dyl911

After more (and more) reading I'm leaning towards the following:

Konis

Tein H springs

Whiteline rear adjustable 20mm bar

Whiteline rear end links

Given its use as a daily driver in a part of the country with lousy roads, I think this should be a pretty compliant ride. I figure I can soften the shocks in the winter when things get really bad.

Thoughts?

• 2 months later...

so what did you end up going with?

if you haven't purchased anything already, maybe another option would be a 2-step process:

1) get front and rear adjustable bars with links, etc. and see how that flattens up the ride

2) if thats not enough, go for some springs and struts. you don't have to do everything at once

*my .02c, i had eibach pro kit and KYBs on my legacy and absolutely loved them. good for street: lots less roll, but comfortable on highway (progressive rate springs)

I have #1 set up on my car. don't go that rout if your not going to track your car. My car on the track is awsome with that set up, but I also will be doing the Koni inserts this winter. I have everything at home, just need the time to do it. Epic springs will be my choice with the Koni's.

BC's have been on for 2 months. Before those I had pinks on bilsteins, and before that I had Rallitek's on Bilsteins.

Rebuild info: free within 1 yr, $75 lifetime after that.

How were the RalliTEKs on Bilsteins if the car was to be used as a daily driver? How did they compare to stock Spec.B springs? Thank you!

I ended up getting Konis (paired with the stock springs) and 22mm f/r sways. I had the Konis set at about 50% stiff, and the ride was a bit too soft in the twisties, but was great over bad roads. I was having a little remorse that I didn't get springs at the same time, but I really didn't want to lower my ride height. I recently set the Konis to full stiff, and it was a bit too harsh and too jouncy for me. Much better in the turns, though. I turned it 1/2 a turn off of full stiff, and it is pretty nice. I'll probably take it down another 1/4 turn.

My car is strictly a daily driver.

Separately, I now have a knocking coming from my right rear shock. I need to get that addressed. It is annoying as hell!

FWIW, it's better to sneak up on your preferred damper settings coming from the soft end. And there can be quite a change from 1/4 turn adjustment on Koni yellows. What you noticed going from full stiff to back down half a turn is the same as I've noticed going from +1 turn back to +3/4 turn from soft on the Mustang (which also has only front and rear sta-bars thus far). +1 also happens to be great on the highway.

Just bars and Konis is a really good place to put a daily driver where pavement(?) conditions tend toward crappy.

Don't be afraid to experiment with different settings front vs rear.

Norm

FWIW, it's better to sneak up on your preferred damper settings coming from the soft end. And there can be quite a change from 1/4 turn adjustment on Koni yellows. What you noticed going from full stiff to back down half a turn is the same as I've noticed going from +1 turn back to +3/4 turn from soft on the Mustang (which also has only front and rear sta-bars thus far). +1 also happens to be great on the highway.

Just bars and Konis is a really good place to put a daily driver where pavement(?) conditions tend toward crappy.

Don't be afraid to experiment with different settings front vs rear.

Norm

Thanks for this. Once I get this knocking sound fixed, I'm going to start at full soft and work my way up. It is fun to play with the settings. I haven't had adjustable Konis since my Prelude years ago.

Archived