LegacyGT.com

Twas a busy night with the Camaro(warning street racing)

My buddy calls me from a gas station and says some guy with a supercharged Mustang wanted to run his stock 98 SS Camaro. He tells the guy he has a Camaro for him to run(bone head tells them my car runs 10.6's). The guys Mustang has plates that says "To fast 4 You". The guy agrees to meet at a certain time. We pull in and he has a whole crew of people there. He pops the hood I see the big 'ol blower sitting right there and the motor was setup nice. Trick flow intake headers and who knows what else.He said he is running 10lbs of boost and boy does that thing whistle away. Couple of his buddies were going over my car looking around for nitrous lines (good luck nuthin but Chevy muscle under there). His guys have video cameras to tape the runs(wont see that on the Mustang forums).

We go down to my favorite spot to get busy. This guy dont even heat the tires cuz he says he's gonna walk me. Sorry dude tell me that again after I slow down from the 12 cars I just put on you. Then he heats his drag radials up.This time I see I jumped on him again and actually back off a drop till I see he's hooked and going. Smack it to the ground and down he went again. Funny I guess in his click of guys he's the top dog. All the guys that came with him were floored. "Holy $hit that car is fast" is what they said. Then the guy who owns the Mustang says "you got me bro I cant believe how fast that freakin car is. I think it's got more done to it than your telling me". Guess it's hard to chew on a stock bottom end LS1 took down his fully built forced induction Mustang. No doubt they were conjuring up thoughts my motor was sprayin a sneaky pete nitrous system or it's a stroked motor story. Whatever they wanna think to help them sleep on the loss.

Went out to a local hotspot and took a ZO6 out from a roll. Boy those things run hard when they get going I had to stay on the boards and it took some work to pull him. I blew the tires off and by the time I got to really pull we were doing 45 or so. then ran my buddies Vortec supercharged LT1 Z28 and whooped'em good. Car is gonna rest for a bit now it kicked ass and took names tonight.

Axis I was gonna post this in the other cars vs forum but figured it's not a LGT story. I try to avoid making work for you mods. Yeah thats the point it does run 10.6's but you dont tell the other guy that........... in fact he told me his Mustang ran high 12's LOL. Thats the biggest sandbag going no doubt it was an 11 sec stang.

Stock bottom end LS1 with a set of 5.3 ported/polished heads,LG G5X3 camshaft (Big cam for a 346ci),LS6 intake,custom ECU tune ,headers-full exhuast,Yank 4400 converter,410 gears. Weight reduction mods. Car made 425hp to the wheels and went 10.66@125 at a private track rental a bunch of guys from LS1tech and FastLS1 forums attended back in November. This car went 11.6 on a stock internal motor (stock heads and cam) bolt ons and made 327whp at that time. The converter is what gets this car going it leaves like a freight train. My 60's at Atco were 1.40-1.42 taking both wheels up and carrying a bit. Funniest thing is with the stock rims and drag radials it's a sleeper. This Mustang bunch thought I was gonna get beat up on as an easy mark.

This Stang was no slouch 11's without question but the mighty LS1 came out on top. The last run we had I actually gave him the go he jumped out a good car and I caught and pulled past him by about 110 or so. I caught out of my side vision his shift light going off as I pulled him. I could just imagine what was going thorough this guys head as he heard my car coming and then hearing the exhuast note of my car at 6600 rpm's. He told me the third run was closer I said yeah giving you the go I give my car bread and butter away and I still caught and pulled you. All his buudies were around and I just wanted to be sure things were clear.

what's your curb weight? 11.6 on stock internals is pretty tough with full weight. I went 11.85 when I was stock w/ bolt ons. converter definately is a nice bolt on. :)

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

Right now the car is 3220 with me in it (i'm 175). Back when it went 11.6's it was a bit heavier (maybe 100lbs)there was no scale at the local track at that time. Car had weight reduction at that point though. All the numbers through the heads/cam progression add up. It went 11.6 on 327hp and at 425hp wich is about 100hp more it went another second faster at 10.6. 11.85 stock internals is some great numbers as well. My 11.6 was run in a DA of about minus 1600ft. What does your hawk run now?

sweet. Sounds about right. Mine was 3650 with my 200lb ass in it, no pass seat, no front sway, no spare, blah blah. usual stuff. My DA was good that day too about -2000. The car ran 12.0 consistantly with a 1.60.

Car doesn't run right now asit's getting re-assembled at anderson performance. went turbo, and blew the stock motor. went to qmp for a rebuilt motor and that threw a bearing sleeve. So now I'm going all out, final build on this car. th400, 12-bolt, rebuilt (again) ls1, staying 348ci. with a refreshed T76. looking for 700+ rw.

Too much boost by chance? Stock LS1 dont like to much boost. My buddy has a built LS1 with a Y-trim setup on it now. He too learned the hard way with his first setup of a Vortec. Glad to see your smart enough to go with a TH400 right off the bat the 4L60E would be chop meat in your setup. About the only thing better than a TH400 would be a Ford AOD. Your power should get you into the 9's without question. Keep me posted via the PM system on your progress.

Yeah I made minse meat of the 4l60e which is why i originally took it down there. Then they found the spun bearing sleeve. Everything is going to be built for that power level. Should be fun. :)

Yeah, it's fast but dude, you're driving...a Camaro.

:)

Seriously though, is this your daily driver or street racing weapon only to be called out for late night duty < I'm playing the opening scene from Fast n' Furious in my head minus the neon, I think>

Archived