LegacyGT.com

Headrest

• 3 weeks later...
Actually, I'm in buying mode now and I won't go with the seats with headrests: I can't take it. When sitting in them for just a second to see how it feels, my neck can't take it. I own a Subaru with the one-piece-seat and they're perfect. But I can't take the new seats. And if I follow the different threads I read, I'm not alone.

I'm pretty sure they are not adjustable due to the active head restraint system. (head rest shoots forward in an accident to prevent whiplash). They are most definitley not comfortable when reclining the seat for a nap though.....I agree they should be adjustable when reclining.
Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

Im not even talking about reclining to sleep or anything. See unlike many other driver, i drive with my back supported. I dont recline the seats as if im gangsta. Even my mother got in the car and wonder if the headrest could be adjusted back a little. I was surprised she brought that up.

On our '06, it was easy to adjust the headrests.

Pull the headrest out & you'll notice the rods are curved to position the headrest forward. Put it in a bench vice & straighten them out.

I figure this was good for 1-1.5 cm, enough to alleviate my wife's neck pain.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

On our '06, it was easy to adjust the headrests.

Pull the headrest out & you'll notice the rods are curved to position the headrest forward. Put it in a bench vice & straighten them out.

I figure this was good for 1-1.5 cm, enough to alleviate my wife's neck pain.

I will be attempting this. Now only to find out how to get the headrest off.

Archived