LegacyGT.com

Suspension replacement help in Austin area

Gary Bechtold

Anybody got the time/tools to help me replace all my shocks/struts on my 2005 Legacy GT Wagon with JDM Spec-B takeoffs? I'm also upgrading the sway bars.

The shocks/springs are 2005+ Legacy Wagon Spec-B Revision A. I ordered Whiteline Adjustable Sway Bars (22mm Front / 20mm Rear) with AVO Rear Sway Bar Mount Brackets and Rallitek HD F/R Endlinks. I'm looking forward to getting everything in and having a big suspension upgrade done!

You can see a picture of the take-offs here...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2005-lgt-wagon-jdm-spec-127744.html

Thanks!

If they already have tophats and everything, it should be really easy. I'm willing to help(if my test schedule allows), just say when.

I have hand tools for the sways and suspension(assuming they are already one piece ie. no spring compression) but no lift, jack or jackstands.

yea, that would be a piece of cake. I'm off on Tuesday if you'd like the help.
"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

• 2 weeks later...

A bit overdue, but I wanted to wait till I did my alignment.

A big Thanks to Jose (jsalicru) for all his help and expertise. Great guy and I totally recommend him to anyone in the Austin area.

My next thanks goes to SoulSpeed for the alignment. Attention to detail and a reasonable price are a good thing.

So the combined efforts of these two have resulted in a transformation of my car. Dive and squat are minimal, body roll seems gone, understeer is gone. The car is neutral and I am taking turns way faster than I used to (the fun ones). Wow, I wish Subaru had put the Spec B parts on the wagon, what a difference. The sway bars just add that extra refinement. I love this car even more. Woo Hoo!!!

:wub:

Anybody in Austin want some take-offs from a 2005 Legacy GT Wagon? I have stock shocks/springs, swaybars and endlinks I don't need anymore.

Archived