LegacyGT.com

Rear Diff Help

WYO_LGT05

I have an 05 LGT is there anyway to make a stronger rear diff? Mine is busted and subaru has a complete rear diff for a lil over $700. Is there any way to do this cheaper? or is there a stronger rear diff that i can buy for launching?

im not sure, it just started one day. im guessing its from launches but not to sure. i was told by another member that had the same issues that it was the rear diff. so im taking it that thats the problem. unless anyone thinks its something else??

Every time i take a corner while acceleration i hear a repeated poping noise from the rear driver side. also if launching i hear the same noise.http://legacygt.com/forums/../images/smilies/confused.gif this does not happen at higher speeds, only from a beginning roll on turns and launches.

Doesn't sound good, I'd take it easy until you can have someone look at it. I'd hate to hear that the diff grenaded altogether. It could very well be the center differential, or a mount? Have it looked at either way. Easier said than done, it's a laborious project from what I know and rather spendy so I wish you luck and let us know what it turned out being.

you sure its not the rear end growl thats common on stage 2 cars? it kinda sound like repeated popping from the diff bottoming out the busshings on the case.

From the OP's description, that's exactly what I thought. Mine does the same thing.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

ok so i talked to a relative thats a mechanic and he believes i just need to grease up the cv joints as they get dry sometimes. so im going to purchase a needle oil gun and juice it up and ill let everyone know the outcome

^^ That's not going to do anything for the issue that you're describing. If the CV boots aren't compromised, then the CV joints aren't "dry".
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived