LegacyGT.com

5EAT in 3R

DanT55

Hey Guys,

Got about 10K on my 09 3R and was curious if anyone had feedback on the IPT torque converter and valve body mods for a 3R?

Not sure if I want to pull the trigger while still under warranty but looking for experiences with either the TC mod only, the VB mod only or both in this platform. How is it as a daily driver and does the TC make a big difference at launch?

I am not trying to go overboard with mods but looking for the biggest bang for my buck on the 3R. Love that little 6!

Regards,

DT

IMHO you are not pushing enough power to truly feel a difference or benefit from a modded valve body. The modded torque converter, again, it depends on what you want. If you want to torque-brake the car then it would benefit you, otherwise it may just be money down the drain for little gain.

I was under the impression a modded TC would cut about .5 to 1 sec off the 0-60 due to the stall speed change. Just curious if anyone has seen this.

Regarding the VB mod I was hoping to get firmer/quicker shifting and less hunting around.

I may play on the sidelines for awhile and see what happens.

Thanks guys.

DT

Man ... the stock stall speed is high enough, it is right around 3200-3400rpms. Anything higher than that and IMHO your daily driving experience will suck.

The VB mod will get you firmer and quicker shifts. Just know that it will not make the transmission shift quicker in the sense of the time it takes from when you hit the button until it actually shifts.

Archived