LegacyGT.com

Power Wire Routing Help

winnipegsubaru

Hey everyone,

Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. Before the question, I will give you a bit of background.

I have a 2006 Legacy 2.5i (yeah not a GT, but I still love it) and it had the manual climate controls so, I replaced the head unit with an Avic - f700bt double din unit, using the [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-SU2025B-2005-Up-Subaru-Outback/dp/B001EBJTK6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1269382013&sr=8-1]Scosche SU2025B [/ame] audio plate. Since doing that upgrade I decided to install an after market under seat sub. The Boss 600, So I ran 4 guage wire from the battery in thru the firewall thru the center console, and ended up under the passanger seat. Well nedless to say, this sub didnt give me the quality of bass that I was looking for. So now, I have install a sirius universal car radio which is located under the passanger seat (where the sub used to be) along with a pioneer connect box.

Now my question, I want to continue on the power from under the passanger seat to into the spare tire well in the trunk, as my plan is now to install an amp into the spare tire well, and make a fiberglass box for a 10 or 12" sub.

So my question is, what would be the easiest way to get 4 guage wire, along with an RCA cable, and remote wire from under the passanger seat to the trunk? i was thinking to run it along the door wells, but I cant figgure out how to pop the plastic off without breaking them. Does anyone know how to take them off or know of another way to run the power to the trunk without much hassel? I have seen lots of guys rip appart the whole interior to run all the cables and wires, but I dont really want to go that far.

Any help would be appricated.

Also, once my audio install is all complete, I will be posting pictures of my full install.

Thanks in advance.

Winnipeg Subaru

rcas and power cables need to be routed on seperate sides of the car.

the door scuff panels just pull straight up while the b pillar lower panel needs to be spread to come off. just take your time and youll get it.

k guys,

I managed to get the cables to the trunk (not the easiest of tasks)... now one thing I wasnt counting on.... I was planning on just grounding in the trunk, so I didnt run a ground wire. however, I cannot see the best place to run my ground to. Anyone have any ideas? I am running 4 guage wire, but I only have a 250rms kenwood amp, with a 25amp fuse, so I am not pulling that much.

Any help would be great.

Thanks everyone

I have my power cable running down the drivers door and the RCA running down the center console area. The panels just pop off... It kinda freaked me at first as well, they are tough to get off the first time. Just take your time and do it right.

Also, if your in the market for a sub box, I have one for sale in my sig ;) Otherwise, there is a great walkthrough in the walkthrough area.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

OOO I like the Sub Box, what is the volume on that? I kinda thought that one of thoughs side box's would be too small for a 12....

anyways, you dont think I should just ground in the trunk? With the type of system I am running, I figgured I would be ok just grounding to the car....

Thoughts?

OOO I like the Sub Box, what is the volume on that? I kinda thought that one of thoughs side box's would be too small for a 12....

anyways, you dont think I should just ground in the trunk? With the type of system I am running, I figgured I would be ok just grounding to the car....

Thoughts?

Sorry for slow response, was out of town :)

Internal volume, not 100%... I would estimate about 1 cubic ft, but it could be more or less by some. F-WDC Spec B can testify to the quality and sound these boxes produce. I made him a set for his 12's and he loves them. The front is barely large enough for the 12" size, but it does fit. There is obviously some sound sacrificed for the size and lack of porting, but for the usage of space and keeping your trunk, many say its worth it.

When running a ground cable, the standard practice/recommended practice, is to have no more than 3ft of ground cable to your grounding point. I want to say that they dont even recommend more than 18" away, but I cant say that for guaranteed. So, YES, ground your cable in the trunk. Just make sure that you have a solid metal contact point.

Just make sure that when you do run your power and RCA wires, you keep them as far seperated as possible until it gets to the amp. If you dont, there can be interference and it will sound like that horrible alternator whine.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Thanks for the reply.

I ended up grounding to the trunk Latch... I seem to have a pretty good ground there.

Kind of a side question for you all, As I think I said in the start of this thread, I am making my amp rack removable.... Its going over the spare tire as so many have already done. But my question is, I have some 4 guage quick disconnects for the power rated up to 150 amps, so my 25amps shouldnt be a problem. also, the remote wire is easy enough to make a quick disconnect. But what i was wondering, is for the RCA cable, I know i can buy a female to female plug so its easy enough to make it quick disconnect, but i was wondering if there is an rca cable or adapter that I could mount on the bottom of my amp rack, so the rcas comming from the head unit just plug in.... does that make any sence to any of you.... doesnt really to me when I read it back, but hopfully you understand.

Thanks again

Archived