LegacyGT.com

Good offer?

Looking at getting w LGT Limited Wagon 5MT - no options.

Offering the dealers via email - $26,700 for the color I want ordered.

And $26,000 for a car off the lot.

Does this sound reasonable?

I have been negotiating with them for 4 emails.

First I asked them for an exact car/color/spec.

Since they didn't have the color I wanted, they replied that other colors of the car I wanted - would be sold at $1000 under invoice.

So I made them my offer, which is even lower, but I think that since 2006 are coming soon and other dealers are selling $1000 to $1500 below invoice, I think they may take it.

We will see - but I think it is a price that will still let them make a little money, and is a great price for me.

Worse case - they say no, and tell me a higher number. Then I work with other dealers. I think I can get this price. I will work this for another 2 weeks. First dealer who gets me this price, gets my business.

If I don't get it exactly, then closest dealer will get it at the end of 2 weeks. I got 10 dealers closest enough to work with.

Will let you know how it goes. After I nail the deal, I will write up exactly how I did it.

Since they didn't have the color I wanted, they replied that other colors of the car I wanted - would be sold at $1000 under invoice.

So I made them my offer, which is even lower, but I think that since 2006 are coming soon and other dealers are selling $1000 to $1500 below invoice, I think they may take it.

We will see - but I think it is a price that will still let them make a little money, and is a great price for me.

Worse case - they say no, and tell me a higher number. Then I work with other dealers. I think I can get this price. I will work this for another 2 weeks. First dealer who gets me this price, gets my business.

If I don't get it exactly, then closest dealer will get it at the end of 2 weeks. I got 10 dealers closest enough to work with.

Will let you know how it goes. After I nail the deal, I will write up exactly how I did it.

I wouldn't be terribly suspicious. I got mine for $1,200 under invoice(no haggle) through the internet. Competition is pretty fierce these days. Also, I don't think the Limiteds move as easily, so they may be more accomodating.

Brian

While the exact prices might not be what actually happens, I would expect more than a $700 difference between on-the-lot and a special order. I saved close to $1500 on my OBXT by getting the black one they had versus the Atlantic Blue I saw in my mind. Ended up being glad I got the black, anyway.

Well, I finally nailed my deal.

Got it at $1300 below Invoice.

All options at Invoice +5%

60 month loan at 3.9%

Brand new 2005 GT Limited Wagon 5MT - 15 miles on the ODO - all factory miles - not dealer.

Even got the color I wanted.

Only met/talked to the dealer when I went to pick it up and sign the papers.

Also got 2 other dealers to offer me the same deal, so I picked the dealer I liked the best.

I will write a new thread - detailling how I did this and some advise.

Well, I finally nailed my deal.

Got it at $1300 below Invoice.

All options at Invoice +5%

60 month loan at 3.9%

Brand new 2005 GT Limited Wagon 5MT - 15 miles on the ODO - all factory miles - not dealer.

Even got the color I wanted.

Only met/talked to the dealer when I went to pick it up and sign the papers.

Also got 2 other dealers to offer me the same deal, so I picked the dealer I liked the best.

I will write a new thread - detailling how I did this and some advise.

has this been written up yet?

(link?)

Damn that's a good deal...I am going to buy a GT (non limited) next week and the best offer I've gotten is $200 below invoice and invoice for all accessories...Please hurry and share your superior haggling advice. I figure, the more I can save, the quicker I can get my AccessPort.

Good deal...hopefully i can get a deal close to this on a limited sedan. Thanks

Archived