LegacyGT.com

4eat - identification help please - Pic

drich

Hello all,

I have a 1998 Subaru Legacy GT wagon 2.5 with the 4eat trans. Recently found bad head gaskets at 230,000 miles so time for some work.

Found a donor 2.5 with trans out of a car with 130,000 on it for cheap. Same setup as my GT so it'll work. Now trying to do a little work swapping my older setup for the newer before throwing it in the car.

Trans in the car appears to be working Ok with the standard rough shift from 1st to 2nd and an occasional clunk when putting it into park from drive.

I looked at my donor trans and found that in pulling the motor and trans the guy had crushed the cannon plug for the trans wiring harness on top of the bell housing. So I started to remove the damaged wiring harness to swap my good one over. Got to mid way back on the drivers side of the trans when I found the electrical plug, where the wire bundle goes into the trans. But here is finally my question, how does this plug disconnect from the trans? I tried to be nice and clean the grit and dirt from around it looking for a clip, but none found. Tried do persuade it a little with a wiggle and tug and nothing. Tried a little more pressure and some screw driver assist with no luck either. I didn't want to force it and cause more damage to the plug but it just won't go.

Does it just need a little more persuasion or is there something I'm missing?

Does anyone have any help with this please.

Thanks in advance

Here's a generic picture with the area circled.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll80/drich120376/Subaru/DSC01230-1-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived