LegacyGT.com

Good news from a dealership...

For once in my short time as an LGT owner, the dealership actually cut me a break. I slid into a curb in January and broke the seal on the front passenger wheel bearing, but didn't notice because it only shook above 80 which I only did once or twice. But the other day I hit a nasty pothole. Thanks to the wonderful weather this past winter, the road I take to work every day is pretty bad. Anyway, this apparently made the bearing problem worse and the vibrations started coming at 40 mph and above.

I knew it was a wheel bearing and I was debating between buying a new hub ($120-160 depending on where I get it) and installing it myself or sucking up the cost and letting the dealership service department do it for me (Probably looking at $300+ for parts and labor). Due to time constraints (I'm doing interstate driving this week at 70+ mph) and safety issues (not wanting my wheel to fly off at said 70 mph on the interstate) I decided to suck it up and let the dealer do it.

Turns out, the wheel bearings are under warranty up to 80k miles, even though it was obviously my fault that the bearing failed. So I ended up paying nothing for that, plus they did a brake check and rotated my tires for free :spin:

For those that don't like to read much, I'll summarize, I hit a curb and messed up a wheel bearing. Wheel bearings were under warranty despite it being my fault, so the dealer replaced the hub, checked my brakes, and rotated my tires for free :)

Here is a pic of said wheel that slid into the curb, so it was pretty obvious that was the reason behind the bearing problem.

DSC00804.thumb.jpg.3d30a139ea5b38b67b91a2c3d11b6a23.jpg

DSC00805.thumb.jpg.edcbe718be49c047c0cec4e445cad292.jpg

It's cool; I'm with the band

i dont see nething wrong with it lol

I didn't see anything wrong with it, I was just incredibly surprised that they did that for me for free. I understand that the wheel bearing was under warranty but that they threw in the brake check and tire rotation (which I had a coupon for $25, meaning it was more than that) for free that made me happy.

It's cool; I'm with the band

Archived