LegacyGT.com

Funny Story (Fort Worth) 'Car-ma'

TXLeggy

So I trade in my 2007 Subaru Legacy SE for a 2010 WRX Limited. I was on top of the world. I got such a great deal on it. Car has everything I wanted: leather seats, HIDs, a turbo:lol:, and no miles (actually 10 when in test drove). On my way back to Keller, around the Meachum exit on the I-35W, I was rear-ended on my way from the dealer. Odometer read 60 miles and I left with 40 miles on. It was a young college kid on his cell phone:spin: on his way to see his girlfriend. My rear bumper was smashed in and i was send into the back of the SUV in front of me. Both bumpers are damaged. Karma caught up to me when I rob the dealer. I just wanted to express my anger in words so I don't lash out at anyone. I just can't believe it. Here are some lovely photos.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/Puns10/DSC01832.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/Puns10/DSC01833.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/Puns10/DSC01834.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/Puns10/DSC01835.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/Puns10/DSC01836.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/Puns10/DSC01837.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/Puns10/DSC01838.jpg

I don't think that's much of a funny story my friend. I can't imagine the heart-break/intense fury that i would feel is something happened like this to me. At least you're okay, or at least it seems so (no injuries?).

I just noticed you're from Keller TX too... My wife is from there, and we come down from OKC to visit her family regularly. Let me know if you like to meet up/hang out when you get things taken care of, and when/if you get your REX fixed or get an alternative. I wish you the best man. Hopefully things work out.

-Steve

08 NBP Legacy GT BNR16G E85

13 WRB WRX. TBE & Tune

07 FXT Sports. Stock :lol:

That is horrifically depressing and upsetting... I dont know if I could have kept my composure. And I never feel bad about "robbing" the stealerships with a good deal. They make plenty of money off you/me/us already... To include a trade in, they are def going to get their money one way or another. Good on ya for the deal.

Hopefully the kid had insurance and everything will be taken care of... Wonder if they are going good for you because the car is just that new. :S Keep us updated

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Thanks for all your support everyone. Yeah it is bad I was trying to put a happy spin on it so I could pick myself back up. No one was hurt in the accident luckily. I love the Teape subaru dealership, they have always given me a great deal on my subies. Its my second one from them, and I would go back again. Page Wallace was awesome they dealt with SOA to get the lowest price possible and the highest possible value for my trade. My frustration are with the insurance company now. They said they would call before noon today, and I haven't heard a word. I really want to drop my car off before they close today, so they possibly could start working on it on Monday.

Thanks for all your support everyone. Yeah it is bad I was trying to put a happy spin on it so I could pick myself back up. No one was hurt in the accident luckily. I love the Teape subaru dealership, they have always given me a great deal on my subies. Its my second one from them, and I would go back again. Page Wallace was awesome they dealt with SOA to get the lowest price possible and the highest possible value for my trade. My frustration are with the insurance company now. They said they would call before noon today, and I haven't heard a word. I really want to drop my car off before they close today, so they possibly could start working on it on Monday.

Are you having to deal with his insurance or your own?

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Insurance is always a pia. If you want to bring it over to the Hurst location, we can definitely help you out. The guys here are real good. Do you know if any mechanical damage occured or was is just cosmetic?

I know it sucks, but it will all get fixed and you'll be out enjoying your WRX before you know it. When I purchased the vehicle before my current one, I literally wrecked the next day and was devastated...however was extrmely excited to have it back and it made things even better having to wait. Sometimes the journey is better than the end result.

Glad to hear that everyone was okay. Hope you get it fixed soon.

Right after we moved out here we were rear ended (tapped) in the rear from some kook in a late model caprice w/26's and scissors doors on it and he took off. First time I have ever been in a hit & run. Did not do anything except a couple of license plate bolt marks in my bumper. Kind of a bummer but really not a big deal. I was pissed but that guy looked like he was packing some heat.

BE committed to DO what it takes to HAVE more of what you want in your life!!!

^^ Probably better that he ran then....better him running off rather than trying to fight with you and you getting "capped". That sucks though. My fiancee has been hit and the person ran. It really sucks when that happens...but I guess it's good that you have insurance.

Update: I took it to Teape to show Page and then went to Service King. They estimated it to be about $6k, but that was using a 2009 WRX premium. They have the front bumper, rear bumper, trunk, spoiler, floor pan, and under carriage. They guy up at Service King said it would probably be more because it is a completely different part number. It's okay because his insurance is paying for it, and I want them to make it exactly like new no matter the costs;). It goes in the shop on Monday at a local shop. Probably a two week fix from what the estimates predict. YAY!!! Thank you all again for the kind words...

Insurance is always a pia. If you want to bring it over to the Hurst location, we can definitely help you out. The guys here are real good. Do you know if any mechanical damage occured or was is just cosmetic?

My girlfriend test drove the new Legacy i Limited and loved it. So hopefully I will get her to buy one before the end of the March specials and we will be down to the Hurst location to do our services and maintenance. We both love the service we get. Now I just have to get her to take the plunge to the darkside.

Well if you come by, come over and say hi. My name is William and you'll know if I'm here because of my car. :)

But if she's interested, I'd be more than happy to show her the Legacy. Otherwise, if you ever need anything from us, give me a shout.

Archived