LegacyGT.com

Jap DIN plate

iyamdman

• 5 weeks later...

Bump for more info on this. I know we said that it is slanted the wrong way, but has anyone actually seen one to see if it would work?

Also, I see there are some aftermarket companies making wood grain bezels for our cars (like moojohn's). If they made one with a DIN opening, is there enough room behind the current radio to jam the old one down in there out of the way and put a regular head unit in there?

Do a search on DIN cubby. You will see numerous threads on this topic. There is a fitmet issue with the adapter itself which you will have to modify. Some have cut out part of the dash support as well, to get their equipment to fit. I had to.

I looked at the DIN cubby, but that is not what I am thinking of - I am talking about the radio/ACC panel.

There is a right-hand aftermarket in Japan for it - that would allow you to replace it.

I looked at the DIN cubby, but that is not what I am thinking of - I am talking about the radio/ACC panel.

There is a right-hand aftermarket in Japan for it - that would allow you to replace it.

Exactly. I have read just about every thread on radio installs...three times. I am trying to figure out if there is enough room to hide the stock radio out of the way behind the dash. Is this what you meant Al?

Exactly. I have read just about every thread on radio installs...three times. I am trying to figure out if there is enough room to hide the stock radio out of the way behind the dash. Is this what you meant Al?

Hide the stock radio behind the dash? Including all the ACC controls?

I doubt it. Not many cars at all on the market have enough room to do that.

In my last car when i replaced the radio i had to keep the stock radio wired into the system in the car because in certain GM cars electrical features such as the airbags for some reason go through the stock radio. It ended up being in the trunk.

Archived