LegacyGT.com

Any way to raise the front end.

black318i

I have Tein H techs and I think they are a little too low and I'm not going to pay the premium for pinks. Has anyone raised the front with shims or pads or anything. I was going to make shims simillar to the rear, but the top of the strut does not look flat enough. Any ideas?

If you're still running your stock USDM LGT KYB struts/shocks, you can raise the front end approximately 5/8" by switching to Bilsteins w/ Spec B top hats and keeping your H-techs. Running pinks on your front stock struts won't yield substantially different results from your H-techs. The advertised drop of 15 mm for pinks is based on use w/ Bilsteins. Using pinks w/ KYB style struts/top hats results in a front drop over over 1 inch due to the different top hat and perch height.

Thanks for the info. I was back and fourth on a used set of pinks, but I'm glad I didn't now. Do the Spec B top hats fit the KYB struts and do the Spec B rear top hats give the same lift? I was going to shim the rear, but if top hats will do the trick I will probably go that route.

Archived