LegacyGT.com

A 6 cylinder Corvette?

I'm not opposed to the idea. I know many die hard fanboi's that will throw a temper tantrum though.

Lets see... A V6 with twin turbo's... means plenty of mod options after the factory, better fuel economy, probably lighter, better placement (mid engine), sportier, looks hella sexy... Wish I could afford it :)

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

I'm not opposed to the idea. I know many die hard fanboi's that will throw a temper tantrum though.

Lets see... A V6 with twin turbo's... means plenty of mod options after the factory, better fuel economy, probably lighter, better placement (mid engine), sportier, looks hella sexy... Wish I could afford it :)

GM has more mod options for there v8 cars than almost any other engine made by anyone. Fuel economy might increase but not by much, look at comparable cars, gt2 rated at 15/23mpg corvette z06 7 liter 16/24mpg. One of the great things about the vette is potential, what has more potential a big 6+liter v8 or a v6. Yes the v6 would have turbos but many many people go FI with v8 vettes and have the best of both worlds. I do like the mid engine idea, I would like to see what improvements that would make. But there is just something about 350ftlbs of trq at idle that puts a smile on my face.

Guest JessterCPA
How many times has GM supposedly tried to make a V6 Corvette? Tons. It was all the rage in the 80's. In the end, the venerable SBC makes most other options just not worth it.

I was more along the lines of offering a "base" twin turbo V6 at an affordable price but still offer killer SB power too.

Compare it Ford's marketing for the Mustang.(60% of Mustangs roll out with V6's) You can get one that looks just like a GT but it has a V6.

I was more along the lines of offering a "base" twin turbo V6 at an affordable price but still offer killer SB power too.

Compare it Ford's marketing for the Mustang.(60% of Mustangs roll out with V6's) You can get one that looks just like a GT but it has a V6.

Yea but the rumor is the c7 zr1 will be the twin turbo 6, not the base.

Ik how ford markets the mustang, but the vette is supposed to be a high end car, you put a v6 in there and make it worth 35-50k and most people are gonan pick that over the camaro. Not to mention people wont see the corvette as a high class car and you will see more on the streets than you do now. Which means most high end car buyers wont want to buy the top end vettes because there will be a million v6s that look just like it.

Guest JessterCPA

^^ I agree.

The Camaro is supposed to be the value-based option to the Corvette, hence why they make a V6 model. And I still have to wonder if a TT V6 really saves any $$$ over a current base LS3.

Yea but the rumor is the c7 zr1 will be the twin turbo 6, not the base.

Ik how ford markets the mustang, but the vette is supposed to be a high end car, you put a v6 in there and make it worth 35-50k and most people are gonan pick that over the camaro. Not to mention people wont see the corvette as a high class car and you will see more on the streets than you do now. Which means most high end car buyers wont want to buy the top end vettes because there will be a million v6s that look just like it.

Very true. Good example of "great cars they should build but don't". I keep forgetting the Camaro even exists. :lol:

Very true. Good example of "great cars they should build but don't". I keep forgetting the Camaro even exists. :lol:

:lol: thats because your subconsciously defending your mind. If you think about the Camaro's rear end too long you will literally melt your brain trying to figure out how they thought it looked good.

I whole-heartedly support GM's desire to build a smaller, mid-engined, V6 Turbo powered near-Supercar! But I don't think that car should be called a Corvette. Why mess with a good thing?

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Guest JessterCPA
I whole-heartedly support GM's desire to build a smaller, mid-engined, V6 Turbo powered near-Supercar! But I don't think that car should be called a Corvette. Why mess with a good thing?

well said.

Guest heightsgtltd
The Congress wants a 6cyl twin turbo corvette? Funniest post this week:lol:

You'll have to forgive Penguin, he lives in a smal shack by himself way out in the woods, wears tin foil hats to throw off the spies and wipes his ass with skunk pelts :lol:

The Congress wants a 6cyl twin turbo corvette? Funniest post this week:lol:

No they want better fuel economy to start with. Then they will demand the cars can no longer exceed 80mph.:lol:

How about a twin turbo mid engine V8 Corvette instead?

Archived