LegacyGT.com

Q: What standalone ECU can keep use the SI-DRIVE?

..does any one knows, which standalone ECU for the 07 spec.b CAN allow me to continue use the SI-DRIVE...

any recommendations/?

* planning to do the VNT turbo...

How VNT™ Works

A VNT™ turbocharger works by adjusting the gas throat section at the inlet of the turbine wheel in order to optimize turbine power with the required flow velocity.

At low engine speed and small gas flow, the turbocharger reduces the throat section, increasing turbine power and boost pressure. At full engine speed and high gas flow, the VNT™ turbocharger increases the throat section, avoiding turbocharger overspeed and maintaining the booster pressure required by the engine.

The throat section modulation can be controlled directly by the compressor pressure through the use of a pressure actuator, or by the engine management system using a vacuum actuator. To modify the throat section, VNT™ Multivane™ models use a mobile multivane system composed of a number of vanes which rotate relative to the turbine wheel axis.

Just reflash your current one with an etune from someone like infamous1. It'll be a lot more customized than just replacing your current ECU with another one with a non-tuned set up. A new ECU would be like an accessport because you'll have more power, but its not specific to your car.

There's a walkthrough in the tuning forum on how to do opensource tunes

It's cool; I'm with the band

:whore:

I haven't heard of any North American person changing their ECU on a Legacy that isn't making over-the-top power. There's no need for 99.9999% of applications. I am assuming the VNT turbo you speak of isn't a Variable Nozzle Turbo, though.

Although, SI-Drive is a gimmick either way ;)

Just reflash your current one with an etune from someone like infamous1. It'll be a lot more customized than just replacing your current ECU with another one with a non-tuned set up. A new ECU would be like an accessport because you'll have more power, but its not specific to your car.

There's a walkthrough in the tuning forum on how to do opensource tunes

the current one already reflashed (EcuTeck).

the thing is i'm now going to do the VNT(Variable nozzle turbo)turbo...

it request the ECU to adjusting the gas throat section at the inlet of the turbine wheel in order to optimize turbine power with the required flow velocity.

the stock ECU won't work with a VNT turbo..

:whore:

I haven't heard of any North American person changing their ECU on a Legacy that isn't making over-the-top power. There's no need for 99.9999% of applications. I am assuming the VNT turbo you speak of isn't a Variable Nozzle Turbo, though.

Although, SI-Drive is a gimmick either way ;)

yes.., it is a VNT turbo (Variable Nozzle Turbo) ;)

Any reason for the VNT over a bigger direct bolt up with larger injectors? I don't know much about VNTs so I'm curious about your decision, not calling you out or anything. I've just never heard of anyone on these boards using VNTs over a larger turbo with an upgraded fuel system and intercooler.

You could try asking one of the mods to move this to the turbo forum as opposed to the 4th gen and maybe get some input from people that have experience with VNTs

It's cool; I'm with the band

Archived