LegacyGT.com

Pics of the new car!!!

Are cameras just that much more sensitive then our eye?

I had a silver 89' Supra and before I had it painted it had a section of shittily done bodywork/paint matching (much, MUCH worse than yours) and it would show up 10x worse in pictures than in person. In pictures the section would show up super dark silver and in person it just looked a teeny bit off color if you looked close.

Not sure what it is about cameras, something to do with the light I guess.

Either way, very cool Subie. Is it a salvage/rebuilt title?

EDIT: I found a pic of it the day I bought it, see how dark the paint looks on the fender/door section? Weird how cameras bring that out

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/1775/101/4435050003_large.jpg

I had a silver 89' Supra and before I had it painted it had a section of shittily done bodywork/paint matching (much, MUCH worse than yours) and it would show up 10x worse in pictures than in person. In pictures the section would show up super dark silver and in person it just looked a teeny bit off color if you looked close.

Not sure what it is about cameras, something to do with the light I guess.

Either way, very cool Subie. Is it a salvage/rebuilt title?

nope, no rebuild and no salvage, the weird thing is that the Carfax report didn't say anything about painting but I'm not worried about it, especially after what you just said

Thats why I'm not to worried about it, if you can't see it with the naked eye then I'm just going to leave it. I even went back outside to try and see it but I couldn't

Just keep taking pics of the passenger side. No one will ever tell. Lol. Car looks good though. Welcome to the forum ;)

nope, no rebuild and no salvage, the weird thing is that the Carfax report didn't say anything about painting but I'm not worried about it, especially after what you just said

Odds are whoever owned it before you dented to door, and had it fixed off the record. Sometimes if the insurance company isn't involved they won't mark the title for carfax or anything. If its nothing perceivable to the naked eye don't worry about it.

Glad to hear you aren't ricing the spoiler either. If you haven't ordered the OEM one yet, I would look into trading trunks or finding a lip for it instead.

It's cool; I'm with the band

Odds are whoever owned it before you dented to door, and had it fixed off the record. Sometimes if the insurance company isn't involved they won't mark the title for carfax or anything. If its nothing perceivable to the naked eye don't worry about it.

Glad to hear you aren't ricing the spoiler either. If you haven't ordered the OEM one yet, I would look into trading trunks or finding a lip for it instead.

Actually my father in law is getting me the spoiler, he is the only Subaru master technician at the dealership which is another reason I got the car

any carfax reporting is completely voluntary...it's not a requirement that a body shop report work that's being done to a car. it's crazy the sense of security that piece of paper gives people...i guess their marketing is working.

• 11 months later...

Imagine this poor guys surprise, to find out the back door was crushed and then painted by a color blind junkie. You know how we know it's not a shadow? 3rd pic from the last. There's a ridiculous contrast between the front and back door. The shadow never moves!

Great car though.

This's odd, when i used to own a 2.5i, i installed an OEM spoiler, now my GT came with spoiler, I want to bash it :iam:

the rear end of 08, 09 is so apeal to me, no matter what color..

:lol: At first I wanted the OEM spoiler when I got my car, then the more I look at it, the more I hate it. Good thing I didn't get it.

Archived