LegacyGT.com

No Holes front plate mount

Does anyone know of a front plate mount that doesn't require that you screw the front plate to the bumper of an '06 Legacy GT?

HAHAHAHAH!!! I just did a custom install on my car this week for that. It cost about $3.

I will go take pics for the install.

EDIT: I just did an invisible mount walkthough if you want to check it out...http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/invisible-front-plate-mount-133364.html?p=2871970

I just bought the car and it would kill me to screw anything into a bumper that is flawless and has never been screwed into b4.

I 100% feel you but accept that you are going to have to make 2 little holes, but they will be somewhere you will on see unless you are laying on your BACK on the ground with your forhead under the bumper :lol:

Now if I have the USB, if I can just find my stupid camera...

2 holes somewhere you cant see instead of in the front of the bumber sounds like a plan!! dont mind mounting somewhere just not in the front where they can be seen if i ever decide to relocate and dont require a plate anymore or decide to just remove it. Thanks for all the help!

Instead of pics I put together a little walkthough for you. I am sorry I did not have time to take it apart but I think the process is so simple that you will get the idea.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/invisible-front-plate-mount-133364.html?p=2871970

Post in the walkthrough thread if you like it and find it useful

Nice walk through LAGT. You could also look into some nice 3M sticky tape. Iv never tried it, but who knows. I wouldn't recommend taking it through a car wash, but it would be easier and no holes anywhere. You probably should keep an eye on it though,

Nice walk through LAGT. You could also look into some nice 3M sticky tape. Iv never tried it, but who knows. I wouldn't recommend taking it through a car wash, but it would be easier and no holes anywhere. You probably should keep an eye on it though,

The difference between sticky tape and what I did? It is super easy to take my plate on and off when I want to... Leave it on during the week, take it off to go out with the car guys...

I would not recommend double sided tape. I just removed my DIY lip that has some on it, and it took some of the paint off when I removed it.

I have no problem believing that this happened to house paint on drywall but it is shocking to me that it happened with a automobile paint job. WOW! Thanks for posting the warning!!!

Wow, that sucks!!!:mad:

Archived