LegacyGT.com

Anyone try '06 Leather for '05 Cloth swap?

SC GT

I read JDMChizad's thread about swapping an '07 Spec B interior into an '05 and it sounds like way more trouble than I'm looking for. Does anyone know whether the '06 leather seats (or '05 for that matter) are plug and play into an '05 non-limited? I might have the opportunity for some '06 seats, but first want to know what parts I'll need and what I'd be getting myself into.

Thanks.

can you verify that the seatbelt is attached to the seat and not the pillar on yours ?

also take a flash light and look under your seat in the four corners and if you see little motor/box looking things then yes it is

I just checked my seat and it is attached to the seat and not the pilar.

• 1 year later...

Old thread from the dead!

What I'm hoping to do:

Motorized leather seats (05 limited) into a non limited 05, which has cloth, non- motorized seats. Is the motor wiring already there, or is it a different harness altogether?

Anybody done this?

The non- limited has heated seats, airbag sensors, seat belt chime sensors, etc.

Not sure what wuzcrackin refers to when he talks about motor/box things under the seat corners-

Old thread from the dead!

What I'm hoping to do:

Motorized leather seats (05 limited) into a non limited 05, which has cloth, non- motorized seats. Is the motor wiring already there, or is it a different harness altogether?

Anybody done this?

The non- limited has heated seats, airbag sensors, seat belt chime sensors, etc.

Not sure what wuzcrackin refers to when he talks about motor/box things under the seat corners-

Unbolt your seat (after removing the negative battery terminal) and tilt it backwards. You'll see all the wiring attached to your seat. Count how many plugs you have. Fish inside the carpet for an extra plug. I'm 99% sure people have done this swap before. The main pain in the ass of swapping seats is the fact that the seatbelt is connected to the seat in the '05, so you either have to remove the anchor point from the seat (which requires a special torx head if I'm not mistaken), or remove the B pillar and remove the entire seat belt assembly.

Archived