LegacyGT.com

Which engine/trim model will you pick up.

Which engine and trim?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which engine and trim?

• Legacy 2.5i
    • Legacy 2.5i Limited
    • Legacy 2.5 GT
    • Legacy 2.5 GT Limited

[quote name='Skylabâ„¢']Six speeds are good. Speaking from experience, the Corvette ZR-1 (1991) easily achieves 25 mpg cruising at 80mph with the A/C on in 110*F weather. At that speed, the 32-valve motor is loping along at 1800rpm. *yawn* If you can get the Legacy's turbo to wind down out of the power band, that would certainly help. We'll have to see the 65mph 5th gear RPM stats.[/quote] That ZR-1 also has four more cylinders. :D I'm not that concerned with fuel economy. When you're on boost, the car is going to suck gas. When you aren't, it won't. My wife can drive our WRX wagon for weeks without putting in gas. I'm good for (regular driving conditions) about four or five days before I have to fill it up. Kevin

unfortunately, a difference of a big displacement NA engine is a tall flat plateau of torque that even a 2.5T won't be able to match. In city driving, it will probably turn out that a 3.0 H6 could feel faster because of the lack of need to spool up which would be nice. It sure would be nice to get a 3.0R, but I don't know if that's going to happen for the US.

Back to the trim I'd pick... GT in Sedan Trim I doubt she'd be staying stock for long. I like the seats in there decently (particularly with 4-heat settings in the non-leather seats, I think leather SUX), we'll find how much I like the fit at the Chicago Auto Show hopefully in February. Otherwise, I'll be upping to a set of JDM STi seats up front when I get mine next winter (unless an STi stares me down too hard and long first.) The stock wheels would likely be saved for winter once the RE92s were burned off. I'm thinking a set of Detroit F1's powdercoated in Bronze would be just mean along with windows tinted to whatever the NJ regulations are or if none, then decently dark. If STi 'pink' springs are available at time of purchase, those will go on immediately too. It's all downhill from there for the other mods: probably just pads and lines for the brakes, perhaps just short-throw shifter for the drivetrain, other suspension would likely include hollow sway bars and HD mounts- possibly links, power would include a full turbo-back w/ H-F cat and up-pipe along with a reflash for starters. It would be my AutoX/group-drive car. I want it to be one mean machine. :evil:

Archived