LegacyGT.com

abs light + err ss message

not sure exactly where to put this but I am getting these randomly in my car now. I have a 06 2.5i automatic. ABS light is constantly on and it say ERR SS. Cruise control also doesnt work. They turned on a few days ago and havent gone away. I know it has something to do with a speed sensor and I am going to try reconnecting the battery to see if it will fix it. I read somewhere about checking CEL codes by a built in diagnostic tool. Not sure if my car is equipped with it or not and maybe I could figure out which one to look at. I havent looked yet but understand if I do have it they would be white plugs by the fuse box on the drivers side. Any help is appreciated.

It's not "Err SS" it's ERR 55... this indicates a problem with the wheel sensors (which is why ABS is disabled as well). I would start by checking the wheel sensors for damage to the wires or the shutter wheels.

• 2 weeks later...
It's not "Err SS" it's ERR 55... this indicates a problem with the wheel sensors (which is why ABS is disabled as well). I would start by checking the wheel sensors for damage to the wires or the shutter wheels.

it actauly is Err SS standing for the speed sensors, but it displays as 55 on the dash

most likely you have a faulty speed sensor somewhere, or did you get stuck in some snow recently?

Where you stuck and spinning the tires and it went on? Mine has gone off when I was spinning the tires trying to get my buried LGT off the median (it did!) last winter. It usually goes off after a few drive cycles (on-drive-off).

Archived