LegacyGT.com

Wheel Fitment- Please help!

zvilly

Hi All,

I have read the Xenonk version of wheel fitment, but I want to be absolutely sure that the rims I purchase would fit my car with no issues and would clear the stock springs.

Car: 05' LGT, STOCK suspension

Wheels: 1) Rota G-Force 18X8.5 +48

2) Rota Tarmac 18x8 +48

The tires I would be running are 235/40/18. Would I be fine runnign both these wheels without suspension issues? Your input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Both will "fit" but both will look like you own a 4x4 with stock suspension.

The 18x8 will give you 6mm Less clearance on the inside and extend 20mm to the outside

The 18x8.5 will give you 12mm less on the inside and extend 26mm outwards from where your stock wheel is.

Head outside with your trusty ruler, measure from your stock rim 26mm or 20mm outwards and make sure it still fits under your wheel well and your good.

Thanks guys, after doing some more reading and you advice, I know the 18X8.5 will fit. Looks like I'll need to get some lowering springs, the car really sits high up with 18's. With the huge wheel gap it doesn't look that great. Lowered on those wheels, it looks absolutely amazing. I beleieve that the fenders will need to be rolled if lowered by more than an inch, but its worth it for the look!

Archived