LegacyGT.com

Audio questions

Tmemz

So i am going the JDM HVAC Route but i have some ?'s about my set up all in all. I have 2 10inch kickers in a sub box and a nitro amp idk wat model exactly cuz im at work and apline hu. In my past car i had it hooked up n working but with random wiring i had laying around. I would like to get new wires n start fresh besides the sub box. Does anyone have any recomedations on wat i shud get and what guage wiring? Also if i shud get any other components.

Thanks

I just checked my amp i dont know if anyone has herd of it, used it or knows of it. It's a BMW Nitro-486 2000 Watt 2 Channel Bridgeable amp. And my subs are 2 CVR12 Kickers. I would like to know along with my initial post if these go good together or if i shud get another amp and specifically what one and type.

Thanks again

One thing to note. If your Alpine HU is not Double-DIN, you'll need some sort of pocket to go below it.

For wiring, a complete kit like this 4ga one from Kicker is all you need for your amp. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17766_Kicker+09ZCK4+-+ZCK4.html

I might make one small suggestion. Since this sounds like your first install, find a local shop who will let you watch as they install it (I suggest buying the kit from the shop directly). This way, you can learn the right things to do, and also get the end results you want. The JDM swap alone is very time consuming (took me ~3-4hrs). Add an amp/sub install on there, and you're at a full day's work. I previously worked as an installer, so I can tell you there are nice shops who may let you "hang" if you stay out of their way and buy the installer lunch/beer.

Archived