LegacyGT.com

Ashy looking dash wont stay clean.

i picked up a 92 subaru legacy, the dash and other trim parts in the car are dirty. i've tried a couple all-purpose cleaners and car cleaners. they make it look amazing and i think its finally clean but the it drys and it looks exactly the same as it did before i started cleaning it. any suggestions?....

Sometimes even that won't work. Sometimes the dash will get 'sun burned' from not having any UV protection for too long. That white look may never go away. If typical products like Armor All or 303 aren't doing the trick, then you'll have to look at some other options. Considering this car is nearly 20 years old, it isn't to be unexpected that some things are in need of replacing. The dash could be one of them. You can look at having it redyed, or you can try a restoration product like Mother's Back to Black or Poorboy's Bold N Bright trim restorer. Danase has some good trim and plastic protection products too, but I'm not sure that they will restore burnt dashboards. Some things are just borked and need to be either replaced or lived with.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

all the plastic pieces in the car are like that; pillars, door handles, runner boards and the boot area as well. i will look into the mother's and poorboy restorers, i think replacing all that would be highly improbable. i only paid 5bills for the car and thats the only thing wrong with it. its a RHD and AWD and everything works expect the inside driver side door handle works when it wants to and the left dome light bulb burned out when i turned it on for the first time.

Archived