LegacyGT.com

Subie Wetness

I've been having problems with water in the passenger-side footwell for a while now. It SEEMED to be coming from the very front, and SEEMED to get better after replacing the windshield (due to crack), but what SEEMED to be the cause wasn't.

Fed up with soggy carpetting after the last torrential downpour we had a couple of weeks I decided I'd trouble shoot the leak. I started with the moon roof drains, since these were much easier to deal with than trying to find a windshield leak. I started by pouring a quart of water into each drain. The water drained quickly, but, after a few seconds with my head near the ground, I noticed only a dribble of water dripping to the ground. :confused:

When I sat back down in the car it hit me - a drop of light bulbness to the forehead. I looked up and the head liner was wet around the edges on both sides, and the passenger-side door and floor were wet with about about a quart of water. :lol: I took out the A-pillar (the front one, right) trim, removed the sun shields and pulled down on the head liner. The tubes that connect to the drains on either side of the front of the moon roof were sitting about a quarter inch away. :rolleyes:

I tugged and pulled and reinstalled the tubes. After a few tugs I was satisfied that they weren't going any where (for now, at least.) I didn't have any hose clamps on me, but that'll be my next trick if the floors are ever soggy again.

If you have soggy floors, take the five minutes it takes to verify the tubes are still connected. I could have fixed this a year ago. :mad:

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

I've only had major problems with the passenger side, so finding both hose not attached was kind of surprising. I need to figure out how water is getting into my trunk now. I've replaced the trunk liner, which seems to be seeling well, so it's probably the JDM tail lights the PO installed : /

'15 FB25

Someone may have pushed the hoses off while trying to clear the drains with a wire and hadn't realized what they did. When the drains were clear they thought all was well.

That hypothetical bastard!

'15 FB25

I have a leak in my trunk and I can't figure it out after it rains the top of the trunk on the inside is wet and the carpet right under. I tried running a hose over it for awhile and no leak.....

Archived