LegacyGT.com

exhaust broke 05 GT

spooby54

I bought an 05 LGT with 64K on it. I drove it less then 200 miles and as I was leaving the Subaru lot (went in to talk about parts) i heard a clanking and clashing sound. I thought it was the turbo at first so I just pulled over. I then decided that either way I had to go back to the car lot. I turned it around and noticed that the sound was coming from the underside of the car. I stopped and looked under the vehicle and noticed that the muffler was dragging on the ground. Once I got the car back to the lot and took a good look at it, it looks like the muffler came off the exhaust just at the end of the pipe. It looks like the weld just fell apart. I dropped off the keys and it should be in the shop tomorrow. My question here is if this has happened to anyone and if so is it covered under an extended warranty. I have the EasyCare Gold StatedCare extended warranty and it seems pretty intelled. Also how long will it take to fix? Im heading out of town on Sunday and really do not want my car to sit at a lot until i get back in town on the 20th.

Should be an easy fix, though I have no idea if it would be covered. It's possible that the previous owner hit something and bent the exhaust and it may have just broken due to previous impact.

Since you've driven it so little since you've bought it though, I would expect the seller to fix it (if it was a dealer of some sort)

My spec B exhaust broke just driving down the road the other day. The weld just split.

Thats what ended up happening to mine. The weld at the back end of the mid pipe just split. The car lot where I bought the car ended up fixing the problem and I didn't have to fork out a dime. I guess all car salesmen and car lot owners are not complete jerks.

Archived