LegacyGT.com

ahh yes a TPMS question.

macdarwin

My wife has a bottle she uses to make oil "aerosol". Its in the kitchen. You pour oil in it, then pump it. It then sprays the oil in a mist like "Pam". You could drop a sensor in it easy. It might get up to enough pressure.

I could drill a hole in the top of a mason jar and install a tire valve stem. Then fill it up with the compressor. Use a stem meant for a TPMS sensor and you can even mount it. Just use a jar with the o-ring in the lid, a preserving mason jar.

• 4 weeks later...
I did get a spare sensor, pushed its ID into tpms computer and put the sensor into the center console. Naturally, the light came up after some driving. Too lazy to test it further, which would require pressurizing the sensor first.

I really don't get how it would not signal the light on with the sensors in the glove box, but stranger things have happened.

I thought this system could only manage 4 sensors at a time without having to be reset for a different set of sensors using a Subaru specific tool. I don't know if just buying ebay sensors would work then if that is the case. This article has some good info...

I said in the beginning it was a weird event. Thats what prompted me to begin messing with it. Since then others have tried to take it a step further. We might be chasing our tails as it al could have been a malfunction. Stranger things have happened.

I firmly believe that keeping the sensors programmed for your car in a pressurized vessel located in the car will keep the dummy light off.

• 3 years later...

Thank you all authors for the info.

1. I filled the tires evenly (nightime at 60'f) after a TPMS warning for low psi one wheel. One tire was 25 psi approx.

2. I placed 40psi at cold nightime.

3. Then when driving in the daytime following day, weather was mid-90's, the warning light started blinking then stays on in highway driving. I assumed teh psi increased + due to weather and highay driving.

4. I will lower the psi evenly in all 4 and see if the light goes off.

Thanks again,

Q: TPMS "light BLINKING slowly" then stays illuminated

A: 1. Filling the 4 tires to 40 psi, at lower outside temp 60'f night time.

2. Following day, at higher temp. 95'f in summer conditions, the TPMS light blinking slowly-system manfunction.

3. Lower psi in all tires to 34 psi and drive 2 miles to reset blinking light-system correction- System corrects.

4. Restarting vehicle to correct the blinking TPMS light condition-is ineffective.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived