LegacyGT.com

Help New Member with Keyless Entry Issue.

Hi All. I just fixed up a Green 1998 Subaru Legacy Outback Wagon AWD with 2.5 engine and auto trans. Besides new brakes, and other wear items, I had to replace all four doors.

When I removed the drivers door there was a wire from the Subaru keyless entry attached to the harness, so I disconnected it. I also disconnected another wire for the Keyless. After installing the doors I sent the car to get the rusted quarters painted. When I got the car back, I cannot find where the Unlock wires connect. There is a five connector lead from the keyless unit.

#1 is Wt/Rd and is Lock Motor.

#4 is Rd/Gr Driver Door Unlock.

#5 is Pk/Gr Driver Door Unlock Switch.

Could someone confirm for me what wires the #4 and #5 wires are connected to? Please give wire color and where its located or what it is attached to. Thanks, I still have to drop the rear end and install a gas tank...sigh.

LOL, I am glad to hear someone else got snow, I shovelled about three feet off the house up north on the weekend.

Out of curiosity, what is your MPG? My gas tank leaks when full, so been only putting $20 in at a time until I can get use of a hoist to install my used gas tank from washington state. It appears to get the same mileage as my 4.0 Jeep Cherokee......I had hoped the suby was a gas saver.

LOL, I am glad to hear someone else got snow, I shovelled about three feet off the house up north on the weekend.

Out of curiosity, what is your MPG? My gas tank leaks when full, so been only putting $20 in at a time until I can get use of a hoist to install my used gas tank from washington state. It appears to get the same mileage as my 4.0 Jeep Cherokee......I had hoped the suby was a gas saver.

vouch for that havent had snow for 1.5 months and im in canada.. weird

but havent got to test the awd out except for on curves :)

So, Last night I Installed a new air filter, the old one was packed with tiny seeds. Hope my MPG gets better.

I hooked up one of the Keyless Unlock wires to the red wire with green stripe that is in a two wire harness coming outta the driver door. Now, when I push the unlock key, there is a noise and lights flash but nothing unlocks. If I keep holding the key for a couple more seconds, all the doors unlock. It looks to me like the red wire with green strip from the door harness is the master unlock I needed. I imagine the remaining wire that needs hooked up is to unlock only the drivers door. I guess thats why there are two wires for unlock, one to unlock driver door only, and another to unlock all locks.

Archived