LegacyGT.com

Boost creep after CBE install

E-Tank

Had Infamous tune my car about six months ago. My power mods were catless UP/DP and a Blitz panle filter.

Recently installed a 3 inch CBE and an HKS BOV (set to to recirc.) and now I seem to be over boosting pretty significantly. According to my AP I'm seeing peak levels of just over 18psi.

I was under the impression that I wouldn't require a new revision for just a CBE and a new recirc valve. I assume it's the decrease in back pressure that's causing the spike. Is it dangerous for me to run boost at thses levels with my lil' VF40?

I will run some logs and post them. The reason I was worried is because before the CBE and BOV I was peaking at around 17psi and now I'm seeing 18.5. I haven't hit fuel cut, but I also haven't really been dogging it at all.

18.5 psi is not unreasonable, if the car isn't knocking. Since you're running a tune that was designed with less boost in mind, you should do some logging to verify that it's not knocking at the higher loads you're now hitting. You might be fine, you might not, you don't know until you verify.

Archived