LegacyGT.com

i have no boost can u help

hi can any of you help i have got a legacy gt 96 manual and i dont seem to have any boost its got a greddy manual boost controller thats setup but i dont seem to be feeling any boost i have been told this is common and there is nothing you can do bout this is this true, has any1 got any ideas thanks jami

Don't listen to scoobydoobie. Your car actually has twin turbos. However, in these cars, many of the right-side turbos were not properly installed, which means that over time, the vibrations can cause it to rotate in its mount. If it rotates 180 degrees, then it will boost in the opposite direction which cancels out the boost from the left-hand turbo. Simply pop the hood, twist it back and use a zip tie to keep it from moving.*

/thread.

*Disclaimer: The above post is probably false.

FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE, LOCATION, COUNTRY, CAR MODEL AND TRIM.

This really helps if you actually want a somewhat accurate, and legitimate answer.

Or if people gave a chance to explain themselves before coming up with rediculous answers such as

"your car does not have a turbo"

If you would of read that he had the boost controller you might of chimed in that he wasnt dealing with an american subaru,

Besides japanese subarus are (hate to say it) better manufactured than the north american counterparts.

1. Write in English, not retarded text message. The original post doesn't have a single capital letter or punctuation mark, and half of it is spelled wrong or abbreviated.

2. Fill out your profile. Asking questions about your car without telling us anything about your car is like asking for directions to somewhere without telling us where you're starting.

If those are too difficult, don't expect any real help on here and don't whine when you get ridiculous responses to your questions.

Or if people gave a chance to explain themselves before coming up with rediculous answers such as

"your car does not have a turbo"

If you would of read that he had the boost controller you might of chimed in that he wasnt dealing with an american subaru,

Besides japanese subarus are (hate to say it) better manufactured than the north american counterparts.

Well without the profile information filled out, one may assume that the car is a USDM model. If the car is a JDM model with twin turbos, it would help to mention that in the initial post considering that 95+% of the technical conversations in this forum have to do with USDM models.

I think BDubs post sums it up nicely.

1. Write in English, not retarded text message. The original post doesn't have a single capital letter or punctuation mark, and half of it is spelled wrong or abbreviated.

Exactly why I felt compelled to not be too helpful. I figured he had the JDM Twin-Turbo model, but if there's one thing I hate it's when someone comes on a forum asking for someone else to take the time to help them out, and yet they can't even be bothered to use basic enough grammar to make their post easily understandable. To me it's like ending the post with "Oh, and **** you."

but on the same note, where is the OP located? Perhaps if the car really is a JDM model he/she might be from a place where English is not the native language and that "text message speak" is the best that they can do? I dunno just speculating

Honestly with all the "Ebay performance resistor chips for real?" and "how can I slap this big turbo on my EJ25 equipped Legacy?" posts we get on this forum, it would not surprise me in the least if someone tried to put an MBC on an n/a legacy and post about it.

but on the same note, where is the OP located? Perhaps if the car really is a JDM model he/she might be from a place where English is not the native language and that "text message speak" is the best that they can do? I dunno just speculating

I always take that into consideration, but this person clearly can do much better. Read his post again. It's not gibberish (in fact it's fine, really), it's just anti-grammar.

Honestly with all the "Ebay performance resistor chips for real?" and "how can I slap this big turbo on my EJ25 equipped Legacy?" posts we get on this forum, it would not surprise me in the least if someone tried to put an MBC on an n/a legacy and post about it.

At work I communicate with people all over the world every day, so I know what an email written by someone who doesn't speak very good English looks like, and the original post isn't it. They don't teach 'retarded text message' in ESL courses. If you can write that way, you know exactly what you want to say and how to say it, you just choose not to.

Archived