LegacyGT.com

How to remove pinstripes and vinyl on bottom doors

I've always just used a hair dryer and plastic putty knife to peal off dealer stickers, pinstripes, etc. I haven't looked at my doors, but I'm guessing that covering on the bottom is to protect from rock chips; I'd consider that before removing it.

heat gun for sure. 3m adhesive remover and a plastic putty knife. but like rmb said. its to protect your car from road debris. just because you dont go off roading doesnt mean you wont get chips on the bottom of your car. if i were you id leave it and just take off the pin striping. notice that the gold on the bottom is rough, not smooth like the rest of the car. its a protective coating and its there for a reason.

heat gun for sure. 3m adhesive remover and a plastic putty knife. but like rmb said. its to protect your car from road debris. just because you dont go off roading doesnt mean you wont get chips on the bottom of your car. if i were you id leave it and just take off the pin striping. notice that the gold on the bottom is rough, not smooth like the rest of the car. its a protective coating and its there for a reason.

yeah but its no different than a gt or an L that doesn't have it, in my eyes if your not using it off road just pull it off its ugly :lol:

every subie has it, some (like the lgt) just only have it on the rockers. and almost every car manufacturer has it on all of their cars. just not the real high end ones cause they assume youre only gonna drive it in perfect conditions on super clean roads.

I think what we might be missing here is if the user has an outback. To me, gold vinyl simply screams outback. In which, I wouldn't blame the user for wanting to remove it.

I imagine the gold vinyl on the outback is functional, however, I'm sure it's also for beauty.

But as others have said, a hair dryer (heat gun is far too risky IMO), goo gone (or another adhesive remover), and a plastic putty knife would do the trick. But keep in mind you're going to need to be patient.

....I need to do this to my pin striping this spring. Car needs a good polish anyways.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived