LegacyGT.com

1991 2.2L Non-turbo HEAD GASKET?

any one done head gaskets on 2.2L non turbo them self? do i have to pull motor? i kwow it needs doing cooling system is over pressuizing and blowing coolant out the overflow, while the temp gage redlines. but that olly happens while driving or when rad cap is on. at idle she stays mid range on temp gage even after a 1/2 hour of running. so i figure its exhaust entering coolant system.

Thanks in advance

I'd find out the problem for sure before you think about replacing the head gasket. I could be wrong, but I think your problem is going to be a little more simple than that. I think your radiator cap might be bad, which would explain the overflow. I'm not sure if that could cause it to run hot, though.

if it is the headgaskets you don't have to pull the engine and you don't even have to pull the intake all the way out. take the engine mount nuts off and jack the engine up and you can wiggle the head out..... lost count of how many time i have done it this way

• 3 weeks later...
hey all, thanks particularly garylau,and Bdubs! the rad cap was bad as the problem is fixed I just didn't think of it as a viable option because of the over-pressurizing of the rad hoses. It makes complete sense now I just got dense and couldn't see the simple first. 600-800 if I did 1500-2000 if Ihad it done so thats alot of thanks

Archived