LegacyGT.com

May buy 02 LL Bean for wifey?

NVJAY775

Hey fellas. I'm new to Subaru's, but have always liked and wanted one. But am stuck with work trucks. So... We're looking at picking up this 02 LL Bean 3.0 wagon and am wondering what you guys recommend I look at, ask, etc... before buying? It has 106,000 mi. on it. Asking price is $10,000. Haven't driven it yet. It has a couple very small nicks on a fender, under front bumper and under the car in general is pretty free of scratches etc... Interior is super clean. Also, we would like to use it to tow some jet skis 24 hrs round trip once a year if possible. From Reno to Havasu. Trailer loaded will be close to 1,200 lbs. I don't want to drive the truck.......

Thanks in advance for any info you can hook us up with.

Jay

Welcome to the fourms Jay, I own a 01 outback l.l bean edition and the H6 motor gives it excellent power! I bought mine at 110,000 from a guy who took excellent care of it! I cant give you really any advice on what to look for specific in this car as i havent had any problems with it at all. I would ask what all has been done to it in major work (dont need to worry about timing its on a chain) spark plugs stuff like that. Give it some good tires, make sure the struts struts arent worn and it rides my better than my friends bmw!

As for towing I havent towed anything with mine, but 1200lbs shouldnt a problem for the outback!

hope this helps!

Welcome to the fourms Jay, I own a 01 outback l.l bean edition and the H6 motor gives it excellent power! I bought mine at 110,000 from a guy who took excellent care of it! I cant give you really any advice on what to look for specific in this car as i havent had any problems with it at all. I would ask what all has been done to it in major work (dont need to worry about timing its on a chain) spark plugs stuff like that. Give it some good tires, make sure the struts struts arent worn and it rides my better than my friends bmw!

As for towing I havent towed anything with mine, but 1200lbs shouldnt a problem for the outback!

hope this helps!

Helps a lot actually. Didn't know about the timing chain. Very nice!

Thanks for the words of wisdom.

Jay

Archived