LegacyGT.com

Big brake/Spacers clearance question

darkside

Hey guys I have Prodrive P1 18x7.5 53mm offset. Buying some BBK for fronts. Does any body know how much of a spacer I should add to clear Brembo or stoptech bbk. I saw these on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HUBCENTRIC-WHEEL-SPACERS-ADAPTERS-5MM-IMPREZA-WRX-STI_W0QQitemZ170446092099QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20100216?IMSfp=TL100216142005r38618

Will these work. Should I get spacer and longer wheel studs. How hard is it to change wheel studs.. Will the Sti spacers and wheel studs fit on legacy gt. Thanks for feedback:spin:

Do a search with 'spacer' in the title of the tread. Lots of opinions and solutions to your questions.

No expert here, but I've gathered 04 STi parts will work on your legacy. Make sure it's hubcentric and use something quality (H&R or Eibach). You could likely get away with 5mm spacers and stock bolts, but might not be good for your hubs and bearings (?). Many won't even consider this an option and will simply recommend the correct size rims. Pressing the studs yourself is do-able, but a pain and not too expensive to have done (ie $200 for all four wheels). Please don't quote me, not an expert.

Wow 21 views, anybody know its sti studs same as legacy. I know spacers will fit, but studs?

I was in a similar situation a while back and here is a thread that relates to extended studs.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108946

Long story short I ended up going with Nismo 60mm extended studs (same thread pitch and knurl as most subarus) and they are 12mm longer than the stock studs (which are 48mm)

If you can get a set of 04 STi BBS wheels then they will clear the brembos no problem. My issue was the ASA wheels that I got, the holes are very deep and I would only get 3 turns on each wheel nut where the stock wheels I would get something like 7 or 8 turns.

• 2 months later...
my volk rims were 49 offset, I needed a 7mm spacer to clear, but hubcentric kits start off at 15mm for H&R, and H&R comes with longer studs...installed them two nights ago, clears brembos no problem, gonna test out stock rims soon to see if they clear as well...

Archived