LegacyGT.com

Big problem with 90 legacy l HELP!!!!!!!!!

I was driving to a friends house, and made a wrong turn, i went to turn around, and my car stopped moving. at the time i was in front wheel drive. and my car wouldnt move. my dad and i went to tow it today, and we noticed that the half shaft on the passenger side was loose, we are guessing the same way with the drivers side. we put it in AWD and it moved, but couldnt make it up the real slight incline of the parking lot i pushed it into. if i put it into any gear, it makes clunking grinding noises.

We dont know what is wrong, and what we should do about it. but we know the front half shafts turn, but not the wheels, we couldnt hold onto the half shaft, so we know it is getting power, but not enough to turn the wheels.

Thanks in advance for any help

The half shaft might turn but what about the cv joint. It would be very hard to tell while the half shaft is still on the car but it really is worth a check.On our Town and Country the cv snapped but the half shaft still had movement. The boot was also still in good condition so it was never expected. Two other crazy and very unlikely things that could have happened is the brake caliper fell off due to loose or snapped off bolts, and the wheel bearings could have exploded. Both of those are very unlikely though.

Sorry about not killing this thread everyone, but we figured out what it was, the cv was completely snapped, and it dropped down about 2 inches from where it should be, so when we jacked up the car it was really noticeable. Now all i am worried about is the left side going out, because it is making some noise when i accelerate

Archived