LegacyGT.com

Certfied Warranty Options

Subaru offers a Classic and a Gold Plus. Classic covers "major" things, i.e. w Murphy's law applying, it doesn't.

Gold comes close to the 3/36. I can't get a straight answer out of the Subie finance guy in Riverhead, NY - he is too busy selling.

There are 0,50 and 100 deductible options. I am thinking of Gold $50 - any experience or advice?

Any factual info on the pricing?

I prolly got duped or something by my dealer...

But I went with the gold with $100 deductible. Seems they didn't really give me much option, take it or leave it. Supposedly doing that got me some kind of "subaru deal" with 5.69% (probably a bad rate, right? otherwise, it was going to be 5.9 or something). I saw the list of what it doesn't cover and started thinking...is this worth it? :lol: It cost about $1000 so I just went for it... It has roadside assistance though.

They should at least have a brochure with that information.

This was my first true car buying experience. Bought the car in December. So, if nothing else, I'll know for next time, right? ;)

You can get a prorated refund for the unused portion of the warranty by contacting SOA.

Would you recommend that? I just broke 50K miles. The warranty is good til 100k or 6 years from the start of the factory warranty, so I think I have 2 (maybe 3?) years for it.

And to keep on topic, would you recommend that dabbdc not get a warranty?

Edit: confirmed it is 6 years that I have, good til January 2012.

AT 55,245 MILES MY POWER STEERING PUMP WENT, ALSO NEW BOOTS AND A LINK AND NEW BUSHINGS NEEDED REPLACEMEMENT.

WARRANTY PAID FOR IT SELF:spin::lol:

Yea...I guess that's just it with any warranty. Good to have if you need it, feels like a waste if you don't.

I'll prolly stick with mine.

Archived