LegacyGT.com

R-comps lifetime question

wpmarky

So I've never had r-comps, don't know much about em since I've only used summer tires for track days (RE050, T1R's).

I found a pretty good local deal for a set of Hoosier A6's for $100. I'm curious to get a feel for how r-comps handle before I get a new set for this year (Z1 Star specs or r-comps).

One of my friends is saying that towards the end of r-comps life, extreme summer tires will outperform used hoosiers. Any validity in that? Or can I run these until I see cord? Is there anything I should be careful of when I check em out?

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6307/20519362.jpg

that what i have on my car right now , i used to have Falken RT-615 , it's not a bad tire at all but compare NT-05 , on track days there has a big different ....

i saw the pic of Hoosier , i guess it will last around 1 or 2 track days . It's all depense how you drive .....but if you paid 100 for 4 ... it isn't bad at all to try it . You will love the R compound tires on track days , i own a civic for track days using the NT-01 ....

( If you run a tire until you see cord , it's really dangerous ....specially when you race on track . If tires blow , you scrape your ride )

NT05 - are supposedly better for track. Need high temperature to grip, so on the street/autox - not so much. And an anecdotal evidence says that they heat cycle to death too quickly.

to OP: how many runs (autox/track) on those A6s? How were they stored in the winter?

Archived