LegacyGT.com

2.2 install done... now what did I break?

Ok I got mt E tune last night and flashed my ECU. I took it out around town and my car died on the interstate. It happened pretty quick. I have the check engine light, battery light, and oil light on the dash. I lost power steering and my hazards won't work. The car will still crank but it dies on me. So the wife is a bit pissed that my simple stage 2 ended up getting me towed in the middle of the night. Anybody out there have any ideas as to where I should start looking?

The mods I installed are:

K&N typhoon intake

Greddy uppipe

Perrin catted downpipe

Xo2 FMIC

Thanks in advance guys

what kind of E tune did you get. It is kind of hard to tell what happened with this kind of information. Did you install all the parts by yourself? could be a loose bolt somewhere or maybe the FMIC has a leak somewhere? I have no idea why you would lose power steering and your hazards. Maybe your power steering pulley broke off? Loss of power steering fluid? I thought the hazards were just connected to the battery...haha Sorry I have no idea.

It was an infamous tune (I am waiting for him to get back to me). I did do the install myself but I am not sure that a loose bolt or an intercooler leak would kill the engine. It will crank and run for a few seconds so I am hoping my internals are still ok.

After thinking about it I think that the loss of power stearing is attributed to the dead engine and not a symptom of this problem.

Well it turns out that GT's don't operate very well when not connected to an intercooler. The intercooler blew off where it attached to the throttle body which is why I couldn't see it last night on the side of the interstate. I re checked all of my connections and tightened them all down.

For anyone else reading this, if you ever have this condition again and need to get the car to move under its own power, unplug the mass air sensor. It'll trigger a CEL (which you have already) but will let you limp along to get the car out of harm's way.

Archived