LegacyGT.com

Anybody know where to find an OEM intake?

Yeah I think the 2.5 and the GT have a different elbow, I didn't really want to fork out $51+tax for one from the dealer, but it's looking like I'm going to have to. The warranty work is for a head gasket, my car is a 2006 with 55,00 mils on it and it just started leaking. Every oil-change period I go through about a quart or so of oil. I'm glad I caught it now, while it was still under the power train warranty.

Just out of curiosity, who is telling you that the intake will void the warranty work? Did the dealer say take off the intake and we'll replace your head gasket? An aftermarket intake has nothing to do with a leaky head gasket. $51 from the dealer isn't bad, and it beats having to pay for the head gasket replacement.

I had originally thought I was out of warranty so I had brought my car to a local shop. They had diagnosed the leaky head gasket and advised me that I was still covered under warranty, which was awesome. I had called up the dealer to double check, and played dumb and said I was looking to purchase and put on an aftermarket intake, and would it void a power train warranty. They had said that it would. So now I'm scrambling to find the rest of the intake parts to put the car back to stock.

It just shocks me that replacing BS air silencers would void the warranty. I mean come on, CAI still uses the factory air box!!

just currious you dont have listed what part of the country you in. maybe look ing the regonal section of the forums and post some thing. you may get lucky and find another member close that will loan you there pipes just for the warenty work time

or they may have some laying around etc.

Archived