LegacyGT.com

How Low Do You Think The Dealer Will Go On This Used 2009 Legacy?

Dust N bones

I'm interested in this 2009 Legacy Limited with only 5,000 miles, it's one of those small used car dealerships and the asking price is $21K. They claim they got the car from a little old lady who had trouble getting in and out of it so she traded it for a Volvo. Who knows though because just about every dealer claims their used vehicles were owned by little old ladies. I don't think I've heard of a used car that wasn't previously owned by an old lady. :lol::lol:

What do you guys think I could get them down to on this car? I was thinking of offering $18K and going up to maybe $19K but then I was thinking they may have paid more than $19K for it. I don't know what profit margins are like in these little used car dealers. I've always bought used vehicles from new car dealers or private sales.

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/inview/detail.jsp?ct=u&car_id=274374793&dealer_id=75422&car_year=2009&dealership_view_name=www.rlsmithsales.com&sort_type=make_modelASC&cardist=5400

http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/565/421/images/2010/2/3/274/374/14816221067.274374793.IM1.02.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

It does depend what they own if for...and the demand of course.

Offer whatever you want to offer....they can only say no. Be prepared for them to say no....

Auction price on this vehicle is 2k more than their asking price..just buy it...or I will.

Check the carfax

Don't bother w/ KBB he is well under that...like I said earlier..he is 2-3k under WHOLESALE AUCTION VALUE...That is what a dealer will pay at auction for the car PLUS what they will pay in most cases for a trade in...or under.

I'm serious..when I find that car I may just buy it...;) Kidding of course..too far away ;)

Auction price on this vehicle is 2k more than their asking price..just buy it...or I will.

Check the carfax

I'm having a very hard time believing auction price on this car is $23K. Not long ago, you could get a new '09 Spec B in the $27-$28K range retail. I paid $22,900 for my brand new '08 2.5i Limited more than two years ago and I could have gotten one for about $21,900 if I had wanted to travel down to Fitzmall in Maryland. I can't imagine the value of this car is more than the upper teens. Plus, you always wonder why an independent used car dealer has one of these with only 5K miles on it.

What am I missing here?

My bad..I stand corrected...that is not a GT as I assumed it was....again, I was wrong lord I apologize......

Please disregard all my posts from here on.....

I also will not be locating that vehicle and buying it....

Auction price on a 2009 2.5i Limited is: 16000ish...they are way overpriced.

I failed reading comprehension as well as picture/photo comprehension...

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond, I do appreciate everyone's input. My wife delivered a 7 lb 9 oz baby girl on Tuesday so car shopping has been put on hold to say the least. This is our first child. :spin:

Don't bother w/ KBB he is well under that...like I said earlier..he is 2-3k under WHOLESALE AUCTION VALUE...That is what a dealer will pay at auction for the car PLUS what they will pay in most cases for a trade in...or under.

I'm serious..when I find that car I may just buy it... Kidding of course..too far away

I was wondering when I read your post if you were looking at either GT"s or 3.0R's on the auction reports. It didn't seem right that a 2.5 Limited would be going for 23K-24K at auction. Well at least now we know, thanks for the update.

That's a 2.5i, not a GT. People probably paid that price NEW for it. I wouldn't offer any more than 18k.

I was thinking I'll probably offer him $18K but I guess I just wonder how much he paid for it. He might have overpaid for it himself if his story is true about the old lady owning it.

Don't look any more at this one.....get a GT!!!!!!!

I would constantly worry about having a problem with the Turbo that could cause damage in the thousands of dollars. I actually would prefer a 3.0R but they are so hard to find and I haven't found any within 100 miles of my area.

With the new baby this is going to have to wait anyway, I may go back in a few weeks and if the car is still there I'll make him an offer unless I see something else in the meantime.

Archived