LegacyGT.com

Tightening the front suspension.

darkside

Hey guys quick question. Were do these go White line control arm bushing go? http://www.fredbeansparts.com/servlet/the-2202/Whiteline-Subaru-Legacy-GT/Detail

I got nice tax return and buying some things to tighten the front end. I already have AVO LCA bushings sitting at home and AVO rear sways and BC suspension installed. So far my order to clean up house is-- the AVO steering rack bushing , AVO front underbrace, whiteline rear diffential bushings and whiteline roll center kit and AVO tranny mount bushing. .

I am getting engine mounts next month. Anybody running group n engine mounts , Would you go just pitch mount and group n rear engine mount or will running the side engine mounts be to harsh..

Looking for some feed back. Let me know if i forgot anything. Only trying to pay all at once for install.

Whiteline Subaru Legacy GT Control Arm Bushing Kit

Legacy GT 05-09:Suspension Parts:Bushings / Mounts

http://www.fredbeansparts.com/catalog/wl0505.jpg

"Need" is relative to how far you want to go. If your doing rack bushings and the brace it can't hurt. IMO, the rack bushings make little or no difference, are you doing a frt sway bar too? A frt sway would be more noticible than rack and the bushings you asked about.

Sways first. Then bushings or braces. On the street the braces make very little difference. The bushings make a small difference too.

The roll center kit is nice for lowered cars. The bump steer kit is ok. The steering rack is more fight than it is worth. The diff bushings make a slight difference (I notice the clunk in reverse engagement is gone). The tranny bushings just add NVH unless you have a sts too. Then they add positive feel and NVH.

I have basically the entire Whiteline catalog installed, with RCE Tarmacs, STi strut tower brace, SPT front lower brace, Cobb sways (fr/rr), Perrin links (fr/rr), AVO rear lower brace. All tranny bushings and mount changed with Cobb sts, AP solid pitch stop. If you have questions about the changes they add and the NVH associated shoot me a PM.

I didn't notice the drastic change in steering that Mike did. I did the rack later in the build and felt the steering was already crisper, more precise and more like a BMW then a Subaru.

Mike drives a wagon too and maybe that plays a minor role. He does have lots of experience with the Whiteline products though.

-Mike

I use an AP pitch stop. Not recommended unless you want to hear your valves tap. I would go with the Kartboy instead.

I use the GroupN tranny mount. Seem to be the same rubber as the stock mount, but lots more of it. Solid instead of hollow.

My motor mounts are still stock.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived