LegacyGT.com

silencer delete needing a tune?

Laverne

Im running an 05 5eat, GMS CBE( DP coming soon)

I was thinking of the silencer delete mod. I know with the Cut open box and my other mods a tune is needed but does the silencer mod by itself need it?

Basically, Silencer delete and CBE requiring a tune? Yes or No

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I hear it might be better to leave silencer in there because it dampens

the pulse's of the intake charge. Maybe less reversion.... less reversation

means better intake flow. I think I heard that from Micky D ???? I dont think there

is any earth shattering power gain to be had and possable a small power loss.

Just my 2 cents. There are some things that can be gutted that maybe should be ???

I guess its design'd to work. There was just something about gutting the stock system thats not supposed to be good. I have found this to be true when I have

tried to modify stock air box's while running customers rides on my dyno. Even after

tuning around it. After switching to an aftermarket intake things got alot better.

From what I've read removing the silencer allows more sound to escape. Sound travels in waves through air... the air going through your intake will have more sound waves in it without the silencer as it reaches the turbo, which can throw your turbo dynamics off a bit because there is excess energy in the air that cannot be accounted for. long story short removing the silencer effects the intake, but I doubt it would be much different than an aftermarket CAI...

Then again I'm not versed in the intracacies of turbo dynamics and won't pretend to be so... PM a good tuner and ask...

Archived