LegacyGT.com

How much room under the seats?

KKoepp31

I recently purchased my 05 LGT Limited. The sound system seems to be much better than my 02 WRX, but that doesn't mean I can't upgrade it. I have a couple sets of MB Quart 6.5" components laying around (PSD 216's, I think). From what I understand they will be slightly too deep for the doors but I do have some spacers for my WRX that never got used so maybe that will work. I'm also aware of people saying that the factory setup of separating the tweeters from woofers make for poor imaging, but that doesn't concern me much. Would be be beneficial to swap these in? Would I need to power them with an amp?

My bigger question is about possibly adding a subwoofer. Elemental Design has a small (~6") woofer that looks to be a real performer.

http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_info.php?t=1&products_id=33

Box size would be pretty small, I would obviously need an amp, and it only needs about 3.5" of depth. Too big for the doors I'm sure, but would this fit under the seats? It would be great if you could fit them in the rear doors, but that would probably introduce a good bit of rattle.

The idea of having a well upgraded, yet completely hidden audio setup would be awesome.

Yikes, not sounding good then for any sort of sub. I do not want to take up trunk space, since my goalie gear takes up a lot of room.The doors I'm guessing are a no go and the rear deck just doesn't seem like a good idea. I never liked my under the seat factory subwoofer on my WRX, so I wouldn't bother going that route.

It's the same subwoofer as the WRX..

I've been looking around for something just as compact with a little more oompf, so if someone can suggest.. (without breaking the bank in my case) ..

Yeah, that's why I was hoping there would be enough room under the seat for one of the eDesign 3.6's. Those probably would have been perfect, especially with one under each seat.

After having already been down the factory subwoofer road I really don't see how it could improve upon what it already sounds like. I nervous to even put in un-amped MB Quart components at this point.

Archived