LegacyGT.com

switching intakes

brooklyngenius

Not flaming BK!

Isn't the safe thing to do just to stick with the intake you are tuned for and switch to the bigger one when you retune?

Do you do your own logging? I don't (yet) so I wouldn't switch. If you do logging, you could always switch it out and do some logging and see, otherwise what do you hope to gain by switching out before retune? I am asking out of ignorance!

well one reason for switching them out is the old one Im trying to sell. I do log so I may just log and see if I see any harm. My feeling is it would cause me to run a hair richer but not substantially. but idk i need a tuner's advice

useless signature line where i cant mention my sponsors

"First Bagged BL5!"

^ +1. Too many people screwing up motors with "simple" intake changes... don't do it.

If you MUST, you should take a datalog afterwards, and be sure it's still good... of course, all it takes is one bad/lean run to detonate and kill a motor, so that's a risk you're going to have to take... I wouldn't do it.

Whats the old? Whats the new? You need to rescale the MAF readings. If you don't have a wideband O2 you could use romraider to get the closed loop close. But not open loop (no boost!). You might find a member willing to share the scaling with you if they have a tune for the same intake.

I have the scaling for a K&N Typhoon, but that is all.

Don't do it. Very bad idea. You can blow the engine. No exaggeration.

You will run lean and crappy. If you're lucky, maybe just crappy.

always consider the worse case scenario^^^, and If you spend some time on here you will find this is incredibly common

yeah thanks I figured as much guys and I just left the old intake on until I do my turbo swap and tune. my parts pile is getting rediculous. the wifey is gonna get mad when I take most of the closet with parts lol

useless signature line where i cant mention my sponsors

"First Bagged BL5!"

Archived