LegacyGT.com

Passenger Seat Height Adjustment?

Okay this is killing me. Our 08 LGT limited has the 8 way power driver seat, but the passenger seat has no height/tilt adjustment. This is fine for my wife who is short, but the seat is absolutely terrible for me to sit in at 6'. To fit my legs in there, my knees are bent quite a bit but the seat is low and flat. I have no leg support at all from the seat, it is like sitting flat on the floor. The driver's seat is fine since I can tilt the front of the seat up and have some support. If my wife and I are both in the same car I drive 98% of the time, but for that 2% it really sucks.

So do any of the Legacys have more adjustment on the passenger side? Is there an easy way to swap out the seat base or modify the existing one?

It's absolutely horrible. Same in my car. I don't think other models got a more fully featured power passenger seat.

You'll probably have to wedge a large piece of foam under your legs to make it somewhat comfortable.

I think this car was designed for tiny japanese people.

It's a stupid shortcut I notice the Japanese take on their cheaper cars. My VW had a 10 way adjustable passenger seat. Granted it wasn't power, it still had the same functionality for adjustments that the driver got. Same goes for the old school VWs, you can raise and lower them, along with adjusting the seat bottom angle. In the Japanese cars I've noticed they don't give you this same adjustment. You can't adjust seat height on my friends TSX, TL, Accord, my moms older Infiniti, ETC.

why dont you source out a JDM driver side seat with the features.. pricey yet stylish and comfy..

This would work...RHD seat with all the power options on the correct side. You just need to find the way to wire it into the power. The seat should already have the motor and everything. I could see this getting pricey though :lol:

Well that is discouraging. I'm glad I'm not the only one who found it to be a problem though I guess.

rice_rocket did you find leather seats that had a height adjustment on the passenger side? My seats are leather/power/heated but the passenger side still lacks that adjustment.

What a stupid thing to skimp out on. Of course you'll never notice it on a test drive when you're driving!

I'm not interested in trying to import a seat although it is not a bad idea.

choppediar: I am just a little taller than you and have serious problems with clearance sometimes driving I notice that my feet are to big when I push in the clutch and then release it its like there is not enough room for my foot to fully release the clutch. Seriously I love my leggy but totally made for 5' 5" Japanese dude. This foot clearance ever bother anyone else? Sorry don't mean to thread jack.

My 05 LGT has power pass. seat. Its a limited..

As for comfy seats, Tbird S/Cs and Turbo coupes have been up in the all time best for me.

I do have a set of Corbeau CR1s that for a non adjustable, reclining racing seat are HELLA comfy.. My buggy has PRP highbacks, those are nice too

Yes I get my foot stuck the same way all the time. Super annoying. Size 12 shoe here.

Size 12.5 here and I didn't start having this problem until after some of the pop-its holding the plastic trim up came out. Now my foot gets caught on the plastic trim down there.

Archived