LegacyGT.com

MAF dying. If you're in PA, please help.

So I believe my MAF is on it's way out. I have high idle (around 900RPMs). Engine revving down slowly. Random bucking and jerking. No vac leaks, I did a very thorough check. I cleaned the MAF and it ran fine for a few miles, but it is acting up again.

So here's my situation. I live in Maine, but currently I'm visiting someone in PA. I have to drive back to ME next week, so I need this issue resolved.

So I'm looking for some local advise on where I can find a junk yard that has suby parts, and maybe even let me test drive a MAF to see if that really is the issue.

I'm located near Allentown.

Any advise/help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you very much.

I'm right in Bethlehem if you need a hand with anything or tools and a garage to work in.

There is a Harry's U Pull It in Allentown, but I'm not sure of their Subaru selection. They also won't let you test anything and there are no returns, but their prices are the lowest in the business. The only other junk yards around here that I know of have mostly trucks.

car-part.com is a great resource too. They probably don't have the MAF in the search list, but you can find local places that have some other Subaru part and start calling around.

I'm right in Bethlehem if you need a hand with anything or tools and a garage to work in.

There is a Harry's U Pull It in Allentown, but I'm not sure of their Subaru selection. They also won't let you test anything and there are no returns, but their prices are the lowest in the business. The only other junk yards around here that I know of have mostly trucks.

car-part.com is a great resource too. They probably don't have the MAF in the search list, but you can find local places that have some other Subaru part and start calling around.

I went there. Pathetic selection for subarus, but I did get the MAF. And everything works again!! YAY! thanks so much for the advise. It really saved me.

Archived